Traveling and Modesty
I love to travel. Thankfully, I have been blessed to be able to travel a lot. Since my husband is in the military, we tie in just about all of our family vacations with military moves. We have been very blessed to see the majority of this country. It is still important to me to be able to travel and continue to be modest. I am the planner of the vacations and travel, of course with not only my husbands input but also the kids. In another post I will detail out my planning for the trips itself but in this post I will stick to planning a modest wardrobe while traveling.
This move we had less then a month notice and one of the first things i did was sit down and start getting lists together. One of these lists include what I will need to survive not only 16+ days on the road but the 6 days before we left that we were out of our house and the days following that we would be without our household goods.
Here area some of my tips:
1. Plan if you will be able to do laundry or not. This has SIGNIFICANTLY cut down in the amount of luggage that I bring when traveling. You should have saw how many bags I “needed” when we first got married but the loading and unloading because very tiresome, well it did for my husband anyway lol. So being able to do laundry along the way has been such a huge help. We try to stay at as many military hotels as we can because they always have laundry facilities to use and many times they are free.
2. After you plan your a activities decide what outfits are most appropriate. For this move for us we decided to take in some amusement parks. Now I know some ladies who do these parks in skirts and are fine, however I have saw some ladies in skirts where they buckle in between the legs and it is EXTREMELY inappropriate how the skirt is bunched and lays. Also, keep in mind on roller coasters that skirts can fly up depending on the fabric! So for me I personally use this as a time that I will wear culottes or modest capris. My husband is 100% on board with me on this as he wants me to be modest and feminine but also he wants me to enjoy myself without having to constantly worry about my clothing.
3. Plan outfits that can be mixed and matched. Remember in number 1 I spoke about doing laundry? Well being able to do laundry will give you more chances to mix and match clothing! This truly helps make your travel wardrobe more extensive!
(Notice this outfit is similar to the one above. I have the same culottes and a different top. This makes my wardrobe go further)
4. Mix and match shoes with your outfits too. This trip I did not pack white shoes. One reason is I was raised with the southern tradition of no white shoes until after Memorial Day. However, I have this cute sundress that looks great with a white top. I had beige shoes. So I was left with the decision wear a white top with beige shoes OR mix up my outfit and wear the beige top. After I got the half tee on with the dress an idea came to me on mixing colors and I threw on an orange sweater that I had worn just before we left, making it a perfect combination for spring while in California!!!
5. Remember that regardless of what your wearing that comfortable shoes are a must if your walking very much.
6. Ladies please remember that just because it is hot doesn’t mean you have to walk around half naked. Please be modest and cover up areas that are meant to be private. Wear tops that cover your chest and cleavage and also make sure if your wearing shorts that they cover your thighs and fit appropriate. The same goes for capris and culottes.
Relax and have fun!!!
I hope this has helped you with planning to be modest while traveling!!
What do I have on in the pictures:
Outfit one: Jean culottes $1 at Goodwill, Longer white t-shirt from old Navy FREE, Polo is from Wal-Mart, tennis shoes are Nike bought 2.5 years ago when we were moving to Washington.
Outfit Two: Jean culottes found for $1 at Goodwill, Top was a t-shirt from Wal-Mart which you can’t see, Sweat shirt was from the Christian bookstore, no shoes at the beach 🙂
Outfit Four: Swimdress is from Dainty Jewells. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this and it is so comfy!!! It is wonderful to wear in the water and out and dries super fast!