If you remember a few weeks ago I shared part ONE of my Teaching Them Diligently Series. A few days later I shared part TWO. Today I am happy to be back bringing you the next part–resources!
Sometimes we as parents get overwhelmed by life itself. Carpools, Activities, church….you name it we seem to be involved in it these days.Figuring out where to find good resources to use with our kids, how to even begin to Teach Them Diligently is an overwhelming task. It is important though to not just leave the teaching and training of our children up to just the school, church, or community. That is our job! When we our Pastor was talking to us about Life on a Mission in the home, they gave out a resource list to the church. I am sharing part of that here today along with my own suggestions. 🙂
- AWANA – ( For years we attended AWANA but this year we decided to attend Bible Club at our church and the kids do AWANA at home) You can go HERE to find out about their home program. Our Youth Pastor overseas it.
- Patch the Pirate – they have excellent books to use at home that encourage your child to dive into the word of God daily.
- Family Bible Series from Intoxicated on Life. Just click the link and you can find FBS in the store. 🙂
- Keys For Kids
- Prayer Works. Prayer Strategy and Training For Kids.
- Duck Commander Devotion for Kids. I have had the privilege of meeting both Kori and her mom and becoming friends with the family. My younger two boys LOVE this devotion. Each have their own copy!
- 90 Devotions for Kids from Adventures in Odyssey. There are several in this series!
- God’s Mighty Warrior.
- Five Minute Devotions for Children
- My Big Book of Five Minute Devotions
- More Five Minute Devotions For Children
- His Mighty Warrior
- Leading Little Ones to God– this is excellent!
- Hulbuts Story of the Bible-this is an absolute FAVORITE of ours!
- Character Sketches
- Apologia Bible Series. Volume 1, Volume 2, Volume 3, Volume 4
- Big Truths for Young Hearts
- Beginner Bible– ALL my kids have their own copy of this. It is so well-loved!
Here are the recommendations from the Pastor’s at my church
Pastor Steve Recommends:
- Raising Kingdom Kids
- God’s Wisdom for Today
- The Pathway to Discipleship
- The One Year of Youth Devotions
Pastor Hank Recommends:
- The Jesus Storybook Bible
- The Big Picture Interactive Bible
- New City Catechism by The Gospel Coalition
- Seeds Family Worship
Pastor Deron Recommends:
Pastor Ryan Recommends:
Pastor Dathan Recommends:
- I’m a Christian. Now What?
- Parenting in the Pew: Guiding Your Children into the Joy of Worship
- Gospel-Powered Parenting: How the Gospel Shapes and Transforms Parenting
- Spiritual Awakening for Today’s Families
I hope this gives you some starting points!