What can go wrong with eggs and with bacon? Around our house anything that has bacon in it is a HUGE hit. We are absolute bacon addicts. When I was playing around with a new egg salad recipe, it was a given that I would also include bacon. So I present to you….
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Egg Salad
What you will need:
1 Dozen Eggs Hard Boiled
1 Pound of Maple Bacon ( you can use less and it doesn’t have to be Maple)
Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch Packet Sprinkle to taste
A bit of Pepper
A dash of Salt
French’s Honey Mustard
French’s Spicy Brown Mustard
Relish-I prefer THIS that I home can can but you can use store-bought sweet relish too.
Save time and grab the items you need right from Amazon!
What to do:
- Boil your Eggs to Hard Boil
- I make my bacon for this in the microwave. This allows the grease to be a minimum. You want it crispy too.
- After Eggs are boiled peel them and cut them up small. I do this by hand, but you can also use a chopper if you want.
- Put eggs in a big bowl and then crush your bacon and mix it in
- Add Pepper, Salt, and ranch to your taste
- Add in Honey Mustard and mix. I use about 2-3 serving spoons full.
- Add in one spoonful of Spicy Brown mustard
- Add in 1-2 spoonfuls of regular mustard and mix all of it up
- Add in relish I used about 3-4 serving size spoonfuls in it
- Add in Mayonnaise usually 3-4 spoonfuls. You don’t want it to dry as in the fridge it will soak up some of it. However, you also don’t want it too wet either.
I hope you enjoy it!!!