What do you do with bananas that are still usable, but getting spotty? Well, generally I make banana bread for my husband to take to work or freeze them to make smoothies as a healthy snack for my kids. Sometimes I’ll mash them for a peanut butter and banana sandwich (yum!).
I decided to try a new, fresh recipe to make in my Instant Pot. I wanted something I could easily make for breakfast, sweet enough as a dessert, but could also be made into a snack.
I came up with this Banana French Toast recipe. Let me be the first tell you, it is good! This one gives my peach cobbler a run for the money and is already one of our favorites!
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
My family loves french toast, especially my kiddos! We all love bananas, too. So what could be a better family favorite than taking all our favorite things and adding them together?
The best part is the use of the Instant Pot. This magical gadget allows for ease in preparing and cooking the delicious Banana French Toast. As three little “starving” faces are staring at me ready to eat, I’m thankful for the Instant Pot.
Don’t miss a single Instant Pot Recipe! Here is a link straight to them all!
So let’s get started! Here’s what you’ll need:
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerHiware 7 Inch Non-stick Springform Pan / Cheesecake Pan / Leakproof Cake Pan Bakeware / With Cleaning Cloth – Fits 5, 6, 8 Quart Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- ½ loaf french bread or texas toast bread cut into cubes (i used french bread)
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 ripe bananas sliced
- 4 tbs melted butter
- ¼ cup soften cream cheese
- ¼ chopped walnuts
1) Line the bottom of a 7 inch spring form pan with the sliced bananas and walnuts. Pour the melted butter and ¼ cup brown sugar over the bananas.
2) In a large bowl mix together eggs, milk, cinnamon, vanilla, cream cheese and ¼ cup brown sugar.
3) Fill the rest of the pan with bread, then pour the egg mixture over the bread. Cover with foil.
4) Pour 1 ½ cups water in the bottom of the Instant Pot. Insert the trivet. Fold a long piece of foil into thirds long ways to form a sling.
Lower the springform pan into the Instant Pot. Lock the lid into place, close the pressure valve and cook in high pressure using manual for 40 minutes.
Release the pressure using a quick release method.
5) Let the french toast cool until warm, then flip the french toast upside down on a plate or cake pan.
Remove the pan and serve.
Top with cream, caramel, or syrup
Don’t Forget to Print Your Recipe!