I love making noodles. Actually, I think I may have a slight obsession with my spiralizer! It is honestly addicting to use! If you eat a low carb lifestyle, you will want to be as obsessed as I am!
One of the good things about using the spiralizer is the endless opportunities for so many foods! It is one of my favorite kitchen gadgets! If you don’t have one, I urge you to stop what you’re doing and get one! Don’t forget to come back and read the recipe!
Look how pretty the zoodles are using the spiralizer!!! Honestly, it is addicting! lol
If you do get one or already have one, don’t forget to check out some amazing spirilizing cookbooks, too!
Turn Vegetables into Healthy, Creative, Satisfying MealsInspiralize Everything: An Apples-to-Zucchini Encyclopedia of SpiralizingZoodles Spiralizer: A Vegetable Noodle and Pasta Cookbook Energizing Spiralizer Recipes for Weight Loss, Detox, and Optimal Health (Vegan, Vegan Recipes, Vegan Cookbook, Holistic) For Your Gluten Free, Paleo, Low Carb and Vegetarian: Recipes to Help You Find a Sustainable Weight Loss Solution.
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
One thing about eating a low carb meal is the fact that when everyone else is eating spaghetti, you either have to break your diet plan or find another solution. Well that is where zucchini Bolognese comes in!
Although this particular recipe does not include meat, there are plenty of options of personalizing this recipe and adding meat. You can easily adjust it to your liking.
I personally didn’t add meat because my husband is a strange one and doesn’t like spaghetti with meat in the sauce unless it is meatballs. Weird, right?
Also, I don’t include mushrooms in my sauce because I am allergic to iodine and shellfish, but he is not. Again, this recipe is easily adjustable and so good!
I also want to point out, using the instant pot is a game changer too when I am focusing on low carb. Sometimes when I just don’t want to cook, being able to quickly have a good meal is such a blessing!
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot MINI Lux 3 Qt 6-in-1 Muti-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- 1 zucchini
- 1 large can crushed tomatoes
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 package heirloom small tomatoes; halved
- 1 bundle heirloom carrots; sliced
- 6 crimi mushrooms; sliced (Optional)
- 1 red onion; diced
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Place red onion, carrots, tomatoes, mushrooms, and water in the instant pot (pressure cooker). Add in tomato sauce and crushed tomatoes. Stir well!
- Set the instant pot (pressure cooker) on high pressure for 5 minutes. Let pressure naturally release.
- Spiralize your zucchini. Saute in a small pan with olive oil for 2 to 3 minutes. Serve topped with Bolognese sauce. If you have a second instant pot like I have, I add the zoodles into a steamer basket, pour a cup of water into the pot. Set the steamer basket on a trivet, and steam for 1 minute.
Don’t Forget To Print Your Recipe for Later!