I would occasionally spice up the tacos a bit by making a nacho taco meal or even soft shell nachos. However, after serving tacos for so long, I decided to kick it up a notch and try something new.
Well, kids have a tendency to strike down change because they become creatures of habit, but I enjoy creating new twists on the same old meals. Well, I surprised my kids by coming up with a compromise and another winner for me because it is perfect for the Instant Pot!
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot MINI Lux 3 Qt 6-in-1 Muti-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, and Warmer
- 2 tsp Minced garlic
- 1 Onion minced
- 1 lb Ground beef
- 1 10 oz can Black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 10 oz can Corn rinsed and drained
- 1 16 oz can Chile-style tomatoes with juice
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 1/2 lb Pasta uncooked
- 2 cups Water or broth
- 2 tbsp Taco seasoning can also use packet
- Shredded Cheese optional for serving
- Sour cream optional for serving
- Cook until the ground beef is fully browned, stirring constantly.
- Add in the black beans, corn, tomatoes, sauce, pasta, broth and seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Place the lid on the IP and turn off the saute setting.
- Select the soup/stew setting for 10 minutes, then natural release.
- Serve with a sprinkle of cheese and dollop of sour cream, as desired.