Perfect Summer Instant Pot Sweet Tea
Any sweet tea lovers out there? I have a recipe today that will rock your world! Instant Pot Sweet Tea….yes, you read that right! I have created the perfect sweet tea recipe and the Instant Pot gets the job done. Tea blended perfectly with sugar for a light and slightly sweet tea that your taste buds are dreaming of.
If you have ever made sweet tea on the stove top, you may have experienced a few set backs along the way.
I have made tea for years, and on a rare occasion when I don’t pay enough attention to the heat or cook time and I end up with a bitter-tasting not so sweet tea. It is unpleasant and something that is poured down the drain rather than drank.
However, the Instant Pot cooks at the perfect temperature and time and allows you to have a simplistic sweet tea each time. I add a pinch of baking soda, which is great for helping keep that bitter-tasting flavor at bay.
If you have reservations about adding in baking soda, no problem. I happened to find great success with a little dash of it in my tea.
This Instant Pot Sweet Tea is incredibly easy to make. You will get a perfectly smooth, hands-free, easy to prepare sweet tea and will probably never look back at the old way of making sweet tea. Your Instant Pot is more than capable, so let it do the job while you sit back and wait.
Depending on what part of the country you live in, you might have a different idea on sweet tea. Some like it extra sweet and some like it slightly sweet. The beauty of the Instant Pot is it allows you the ability to adapt the tea to fit your preference.
Want it extra sweet? Add more sugar. Want it less sweet? Hold back some of the sugar. I prefer my tea sweet enough to know it’s sweet. This recipe is spot on with flavor!
I personally think this sweet tea would make the perfect match up for many of the dishes in my meal plans. I also shared a couple amazing brunch recipes that this would pair well with!
However, I am Southern, so we learn from an early age that Sweet Tea pretty much can go with any meal. 😉
Ingredients for Perfect Summer Instant Pot Sweet Tea
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 LARGE Family size Tea bags. If you’re using regular tea bags I would at least double the amount. Also note: If you like the tea stronger, I would add in another large tea bag or two. This is what I used-
- 4 cups cold water
- pinch of baking soda (optional)
- lemons for garnish
- Instant Pot-
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot IP-DUO60 7-in-1 Programmable 6-Quart/1,000-Watt Pressure Cooker and Book Collection Bundle
1) Add 8 cups water, tea bags, and baking soda to the Instant Pot insert. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
2) Steep the tea on high pressure using the manual setting for 4 minutes. Release the pressure using the quick release method.
3) Take off the lid and remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, mix until completely dissolved. Add the additional 4 cups cold water.
4) Transfer to a gallon sized pitcher. Store in the refrigerator and serve over ice.
Don’t Forget to Print The Recipe For Later!
- 8 cups water
- 2 Cups Sugar
- 3 Large Family Size Tea Bags. If you're using regular tea bags I would at least double the amount. Also note: If you like the tea stronger
- Add 8 cups water, tea bags, and baking soda to the Instant Pot insert. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing.
- Steep the tea on high pressure using the manual setting for 4 minutes. Release the pressure using the quick release method.
- Take off the lid and remove the tea bags. Stir in the sugar, mix until completely dissolved. Add the additional 4 cups cold water.
- Transfer to a gallon sized pitcher. Store in the refrigerator and serve over ice.