My husband loves eggs of any kind, but he is especially fond of my Sweet and Spicy Bacon Egg Salad! In fact, he took my recipe with him to South Korea when he was stationed there. It is a favorite for our family all year-long. However, I’m now using my Instant Pot more and the stove less. So I set out to convert this recipe for my Instant Pot.
I could have hard-boiled the eggs in the Instant Pot in their shells like a normal person would have. But according to my husband, I’m not normal. LOL! Needless to say I got a bit creative! Did you know you can crack the eggs and fix them RIGHT in the pot?! No? Well keep on reading and I am going to show you exactly how I did it.
I buy my Instant Pots from Amazon! I love their customer service. Also, check out the NEW instant pot in the right! The mini! I LOVE it!!!
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
Sweet and Spicy Bacon Egg Salad
What you will need:
- 1 Dozen Eggs Hard Boiled (keep reading to learn how I did this right in my Instant Pot!)
- 1 Pound of Maple Bacon (you can use less and it doesn’t have to be Maple)
- Hidden Valley Ranch Spicy Ranch Packet (sprinkle to taste)
- A bit of Pepper
- A dash of Salt
- French’s Honey Mustard
- French’s Spicy Brown Mustard
- French’s Mustard
- Relish – I prefer THIS that I can myself at home but you can use store-bought sweet relish, too. Note- if you are doing low carb there is a sugar-free relish!
To make this dish you will want to do prepare the eggs first of course! Here is step by step how to boil then in the Instant Pot-
- You can do 6 eggs at a time in the pot. Crack 6 eggs into a bowl.
- Pour about 3/4 cups of water into the pot (leave this in for the next round of eggs).
- Place bowl with eggs on a trivet into the pot.
- Use 5 minutes on high pressure with natural release. That’s it! Quick and easy!
Now continue on with the rest of the Egg Salad!
Read: Original Recipe
After eggs are boiled, cut them up small. I do this by hand, but you can also use a chopper if you want.
Put eggs in a big bowl and then crush your bacon and mix it in
Add Salt, Pepper and Ranch to your taste
Add in Honey Mustard and mix. I use about 2-3 serving spoons full.
Add in one spoonful of Spicy Brown Mustard
Add in 1-2 spoonfuls of regular mustard and mix all of it up
Add in relish. I used about 3-4 serving size spoonfuls in it
Add in Mayonnaise – usually 3-4 spoonfuls. You don’t want it too dry but you don’t want it too wet and sloppy either. And you definitely don’t want the mayonnaise to overpower the taste.
(Instant Pot Version on sliders!)
Don’t Forget to print the Recipe to have handy!
For the Eggs Rest of the Recipe
For the Eggs
Rest of the Recipe