It is incredibly easy to make and a little goes a long way! However, when these events occur close together (i.e. consecutive weekends, consecutive months, and sometimes in the same weekend!), I want something different to kick it up a notch.
I also want to ensure my family doesn’t grow tired of the same old recipe. That’s where Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad comes into play.
In my experience at these get togethers, a little bit of pasta goes a long way. Most people will put only a spoonful or two of pasta on their plate and move along to the meat or desserts.
That was until I began bringing Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad to these get togethers. Here is my advice if you bring this side dish to an event: Fix extra. Seriously.
Have you ever eaten something so good that you want to hide in the closet just so no one else gets a share? This is that recipe! I have overheard complaints from attendees because the bowl that contained this pasta was empty.
The difference in this street corn pasta and others is using one of my favorite kitchen gadgets – the Instant Pot! While this version of Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad is a bit different than normal, especially since we’re using the Instant Pot, I promise the flavor is amazing!
What also sets this dish apart is the dressing. It isn’t just your normal mayo dressing. I used greek yogurt, which you can also make using your Instant Pot or it can be purchased from the local grocer.
The blend of spices adds another level to this dish. When you taste this pasta, you will quickly understand why you’ll want to make extra! You’ll also hear requests for more Mexican Street Corn Pasta!
Speaking of which, Cinco De Mayo is right around the corner and this would make a fantastic and unique side dish for your celebration!
It’s no secret I love using my Instant Pot. Using my Instant Pot to fix pasta is as surprising to me as it is to my friends and family. I hope you enjoy this recipe and remember to fix extra! You will be thankful you did.
Ingredients For Mexican Street Corn Pasta Salad
Ingredients for Instant Pot Mexican Street Corn Pasta
6 oz bow tie pasta uncooked (1/2 box or bag)
1 – 12 oz bag frozen corn (You can buy the corn frozen or do what I often do and use corn you have frozen yourself)
1 avocado diced
1/4 cup green onions
1 cup chopped cilantro
1 jalapeno diced
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes sliced in half
1 cup cotija cheese
3 cups chicken broth or water
3/4 cup plain Greek yogurt (can sub mayo, aioli, or sour cream)
juice from 1 lime
1/2 tsp Cayenne pepper
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp hot sauce
1/4 tsp black pepper (if you like lemon pepper I highly recommend using lemon pepper)
You will also need an instant pot-
1) Add the frozen corn, pasta, and broth to the Instant Pot insert.
2) Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using manual for 1/2 the cook recommended cook time on the pasta box. My pasta cook time was 12-14 minutes, so cooked it for 6 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
3) When the pasta is done cooking transfer the pasta and corn to a colander to strain any remaining liquid and rinse under cool water. This is important so that your pasta doesn’t stick together. When your pasta is rinsed let it dry and place into a large bowl.
Pasta Tip: When fixing pasta in the instant pot if you will read THIS post here and use the trivet you can avoid the gooey pasta mess that sometimes comes with cooking pasta in the instant pot. Here’s the trivet-
4) Mix your dressing ingredients together. Pour the dressing over the pasta and corn and toss it until all the pasta is covered.
5) Finally add your avocado, green onions, jalapenos, cilantro, cherry tomatoes, and cotija cheese.
Toss the pasta salad again so all the toppings are distributed then serve.
6) Refrigerate any leftovers for a maximum of 2-3 days.
Don’t Forget to Print Your Recipe For Later!