Introduction to Instant Pot Pork Freezer Meals
This is where the beauty of planning ahead and freezer meals comes into play.
Although there’s some prep work, freezer meals has provided me the ability to serve a quick, easy and delicious meal to my family. Keep in mind, I’m not talking about any type of freezer meals here. I’m talking about Instant Pot Pork Freezer Meal options that your entire family is certain to love.
What are freezer meals?
Let’s get an understanding of what a freezer meal actually is. It’s not found in the frozen section of your grocery store. The freezer meals that you’ll find here are ones that are prepared by you, frozen by you and used by you later to create a delicious and hearty meal for your family.
The beauty of freezer meals is they’re incredibly easy to prepare and even simpler to heat up. Planning ahead will save you the stress and time in the long run.
Not that we need more reasons to use our Instant Pots, freezer meals provides another reason to do just that!
What are the benefits of freezer meals?
There are actually quite a few great benefits and they vary from person to person. Freezer meals are great for:
- busy moms and dads who are just getting home from work and needing something quick and easy for dinner.
- you can buy meat in bulk during sales at your local grocer or meat market while saving a bunch of money.
- allows you to meal plan or have backups in case other foods or meal options fall through
Those are just a few of the amazing benefits. As I stated earlier, one of my struggles used to be meal planning, but that was a long time ago. I’ve been meal planning for a super long time and I can’t say enough positive things about it.
Other Freezer Meal Series I have shared
I put together a few different freezer meals in the last several months. My first freezer meal was chicken. If you missed any of the posts in that series, here’s all the links to get there easily:
1) How to Use the Instant Pot for Beginners is a great way for you to get to know your Instant Pot buttons and how to use this magical device!
2) 5 Instant Pot Hacks will help you understand your Instant Pot and use it to its full potential in creative ways.
3) Instant Pot Cook Times is a handy chart I have for FREE to help you understand cook times!
4) Meal Planning Doesn’t Have to Be Hard With an Instant Pot is the first article in my meal prep/freezer meal series! This will give you a break down on getting started with meal preparation. I call it the 411 of Instant Pot freezer meals!
5) Preparing Freezer Meals with the Instant Pot is the next up in the series! You don’t want to miss this one either.
6) Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bowls is the first freezer meal I shared!
7) Creamy Sun dried Tomato Chicken is the next recipe I shared. This is another great recipe!
8) Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches is a recipe I created for my husband for college football game day. It is a wonderful recipe for football games, tailgate parties, BBQs, and anytime in between!
9) Red Pepper Chicken is one I shared previously. It is another twist on chicken to give you more variety for your family.
10) Cilantro Lime Chicken is a can’t miss recipe! You will love the flavor combinations!
I also compiled a whole series of Beef Freezer meals, too. Here’s the links to those recipes:
1. Instant Pot Freezer Meals Part 1 – Wondering how to take that chunk of frozen ground beef and cook it relatively quickly? I show you how in one of my series!
2. The Best Instant Pot Beef & Vegetable Soup – A good vegetable soup is always welcomed any time of year, especially in the winter months with the cold and flu making its rounds to each home! When you’re not feeling well and don’t feel like cooking a full meal, this soup is the best go-to you can find!
3. Hearty Instant Pot Beef Lasagna Soup – In part 3 of my series, I take an old favorite and add a great twist! Take that lasagna and don’t just make lasagna; instead, make lasagna SOUP! This one is sure to be a hit with the whole family each and every time!
4. Easy Instant Pot Beef Lettuce Wraps – Looking for a healthy freezer meal? This Beef Lettuce Wrap recipe couldn’t get any more easier or yummier to fit the bill! A delicious meal whether you want a salad or want some Mexican style dishes, part 4 of my series will make your taste buds smile!
5. Delicious Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole – A delicious casserole for any picky eater, this Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole is a great meal for any day of the week!
Preparing Instant Pot Freezer Meals Using Pork
My family likes meat. We eat some sort of meat with most meals and love how much versatility you can get with recipes just by changing out the meat used.
Pork is one of those meats that does a great job in taking on the flavors of whatever spices or veggies that you’ve added to a dish. Pork is very versatile in a wide variety of recipes.
In order to freeze your Instant Pot meals, there are a few tips to remember so that your meals will remain fresh tasting and not freezer burnt.
Tips for Keeping Instant Pot Freezer Meals Fresher Longer
Depending on who you ask, preferences change. Some prefer freezer bags while others like freezer friendly containers. The choice, my friends, is up to you! However, if you do decide to use freezer bags, use these baggy racks. They make pouring and catching the food to freeze totally simple!
If you choose to use a plastic container, just please make certain it’s freezer proof. Any old container you have stashed away in the back of the cabinet won’t work. If you do use one that’s not freezer proof, you’ll regret it. Trust me. 😉
[12-Pack] Food Storage Containers with Lids – Plastic Food Containers with lids – Plastic Containers with lids – Airtight Leak Proof Easy Snap Lock and BPA Free Plastic Container Set for Kitchen UseRubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers, Racer Red, 42-Piece Set 1880801
Another tip to freezing meals is try to stack them. My husband organizes the freezers and separates the meats, freezer meals, vegetables and so on. It may sound as if he’s teetering on OCD tendencies (which he is—shhh!), but I have no problem opening the freezer door and finding exactly what I want.
Last, but certainly not least, don’t forget the labels!
Labeling your freezer meals are key!
Not only do labels tell you what’s in the freezer bag or container, they also tell everyone else who may be digging through the freezer. Always write down what it is (in lingo that others can read and understand) and don’t forget to date it.
Don’t forget about your Instant Pot Accessories
Inserts & accessories for the Instant Pot can help you in your meal planning!
- Steamer Basket
- Instant Pot Mini Mitts (I highly recommend!)
- Extra Inner Pot (you say “extra”, I say must-have)
PREMIUM Vegetable Steamer Basket – BEST Bundle – Fits Instant Pot – BONUS Accessories – Safety Tool + eBook + Peeler – 100% Stainless Steel – Insert For Instapot Pressure Cooker 3, 5, 6 Quart & 8 QtGenuine Instant Pot Mini MittsGenuine Instant Pot Stainless Steel Inner Cooking Pot – 6 Quart
This Instant Pot Freezer Meal series is going to focus on pork and I couldn’t be more excited to share this with you! Make certain you stay tuned for several awesome pork freezer meal recipes that will make your meal planning for the next few months a breeze! If you haven’t subscribed to my website, I encourage you to do so. This way you don’t miss a single post or series! You can subscribe here. Also subscribe to my youtube for videos.