Instant Pot Meat Sauce
A homemade Instant Pot Meat Sauce is a tomato-based meat sauce that is perfect for serving over pasta, zoodles, or even cauliflower cups. It is a versatile meat sauce that cooks quickly under pressure and tastes as if it has simmered all day long. You can use this meaty pasta sauce however you like. You will never reach for jar pasta sauce again after you try this homemade version.
When I ask what would the family would like for dinner, I often receive requests for pasta or zoodles with a meat sauce. I always pulled a jar of meat sauce from the pantry and prepared dinner. However, one day I reached for the meat sauce but only had marinara sauce on hand. So I got creative and made this homemade meat sauce in the Instant Pot and now my family asks for this recipe specifically. It is packed full of flavor, chunks of meat, and goes great with anything. I love the idea of knowing all the ingredients that go in and controlling the seasoning factor. This is now my go-to recipe for a pasta sauce.
What To Pair The Instant Pot Meat Sauce With
You can use this sauce for almost anything your heart desires. If you need some help coming up with what to serve it with, allow me to assist.
- Cooking meatballs in the sauce
- Topping Zoodles (zucchini noodles)
Spiralizer Ultimate 7-Blade Vegetable Slicer, Strongest-and-Heaviest Duty Vegetable Spiral Slicer, Best Veggie Pasta Spaghetti Maker for Keto/Paleo/Gluten-Free, With Extra Blade Caddy & 4 Recipe Ebook
- Topping Cooked Pasta
- Use for lasagna
- Spaghetti Squash
- Cauliflower Parmesan Cups
- Using as a pizza sauce
- And the list goes on.
What Pressure Cooker Did I Use
I actually own multiple Instant Pots of different sizes, but I used my 6 quart for this recipe. The mini is great for making smaller dishes or even side dishes around the holidays or when we have parties or events. I know there are many varieties of pressure cookers on the market, I just personally prefer the Instant Pot. However, you are more than welcome to make this recipe in any other pressure cooker of your choice.
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Can You Freeze This Meat Sauce
In the past, I have made larger batches of this Instant Pot meat sauce and reserved some for dinner and then would freeze the rest. I stored it in a freezer bag that I removed the air out of and put in the freezer. All I had to do was thaw it before warming it back up to serve and it tasted great, if not better. You could even extend the freezer life if you were to use a vacuum sealer. It makes freezing items last so much longer as it removes all air in the container.
I hope you enjoy this Instant Pot meat sauce. Our family loves it and, because it is so versatile, it gives me more dinner options. Read: You may also be interested in my spaghetti & meatballs.
Instant Pot Homemade Meat Sauce
- 1 lb. of Ground Beef
- 1 medium-sized Onion, diced
- 4 fat cloves of Garlic, minced
- 1 (24 oz.) bottle of Marinara Sauce
- 1 teaspoon of dried Basil
- 1 teaspoon of dried Oregano
- ½ teaspoon of dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried Rosemary
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Boiled Spaghetti to serve
- Grated Parmesan and fresh Basil leaves to garnish
- Turn the Instant Pot on the “Sauté” mode and add the olive oil. Let the oil warm for a couple of minutes and then add the diced onion and garlic. Sauté until translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Add the ground beef and let it brown for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the marinara sauce, dried oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Turn off “Sauté” mode. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode and adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 10 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 10 minutes. Using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
- The meat sauce should be thick and saucy. If it has too much liquid, turn on the “Sauté” mode and let it simmer for 5 to 10 minutes or until the sauce thickens to your liking. Check for seasoning and adjust accordingly.
- Serve over boiled spaghetti or zucchini noodle (for low carb option), with grated parmesan and fresh basil leaves.
- Instead of dried oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, use can use a tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
- Instead of ground beef, you can use mild or hot Italian sausages or half beef and half sausages.
Instead of dried oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, use can use a tablespoon of Italian seasonings. Instead of ground beef, you can use mild or hot Italian sausages or half beef and half sausages.
Instead of dried oregano, basil, thyme, rosemary, use can use a tablespoon of Italian seasonings.
Instead of ground beef, you can use mild or hot Italian sausages or half beef and half sausages.