Delicious Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole
Beef Freezer Meal Series Part 2
Delicious Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole is a simple dish that offers rich Tex-Mex flavors that is perfect to add into your weekly meal planning. With minimal ingredients required and fast cook time, thanks to your Instant Pot, you can create a wholesome dinner the whole family will enjoy. Instant Pot beef enchilada casserole freezes beautifully and makes a perfect freezer meal to stock that freezer of yours.
Corn tortillas, ground beef, a variety of beans for added protein and flavor, enchilada sauce and cheese are the basics that you will find in this ground beef enchilada casserole. Trust me, this is a tried and true recipe that you will want in your dinner rotation. And the leftovers are just as tasty!
I merely use my Daddio cheesecake pan and create a foil pocket that I create my casserole in. Then toss the pan with the foil packet in the freezer and let it set up for a few hours and then take it out of the pan. The foil packet will now keep the circular form and will fit right in your Instant Pot for reheating later.
Whether you like a dollop of sour cream on top of your enchilada casserole or the full works, this recipe is simply amazing. Enchilada casserole in the Instant Pot is incredibly easy. When you meal prep these for the freezer, it makes for an easy meal later on in the week when your schedule is hectic. This casserole will last in the freezer for one month.
The Perfect Freezer Meal
When I create freezer meals, I look at the ease of prepping them and the cooking process once I pull it from the freezer. This Instant Pot enchilada casserole is one of my favorite freezer meals. Simple to make because it is casserole form, you just create layers and toss in and turn on the Instant Pot to cook.
I mean how much easier could it get? Making it in the Instant Pot is easier than throwing in the oven and I love that.
By stocking our freezer, I have quick homemade meals I can heat up on days school runs late, or I want a break from cooking. Because I prep meals a lot I have a good stockpile in my freezer that makes dinner time a breeze.
Here are my previous Freezer Meal posts in case you missed them:
- How to Use the Instant Pot for Beginners is a great way to get to know your Instant Pot buttons and learn how to use your magic gadget!
- 5 Instant Pot Hacks will help you understand your Instant Pot and use it to its full potential in creative ways.
- Instant Pot Cook Times is a handy chart I have for FREE to help you understand cook times!
- Meal Planning Doesn’t Have to Be Hard With an Instant Pot is the first article in my meal prep/freezer meal series! This will give you a break down on getting started with meal preparation. I call it the 411 of Instant Pot freezer meals!
- Preparing Freezer Meals with the Instant Pot is next up in the series! You don’t want to miss this one either.
- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bowls is the first freezer meal I shared!
- Creamy Sun dried Tomato Chicken is the next recipe I shared. This is another great recipe!
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches is a recipe I created for my husband for college football game day. It is a wonderful recipe for football games, tailgate parties, BBQs, and anytime in between!
- Red Pepper Chicken is one I shared previously. It is another twist on freezer chicken to give you more variety for your family.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken is a can’t miss recipe! You will love the flavor combinations!
- Instant Pot Beef Freezer Meals Come join us as we kick off our beef freezer meal series! I will also teach you how to cook frozen ground beef right in your handy, dandy Instant Pot.
- The Best Instant Pot Beef & Vegetable Soup It’s healthy and even the kids enjoy these vegetables!
- Hearty Instant Pot Lasagna Soup – What else can I say?
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Lettuce Wraps A healthy alternative found in restaurants that you can make within the comforts of your own home.
- Hearty Lasagna Soup- this is a great soup to have all year round! I especially love it in the fall and winter though. Great option besides your typical lasagna.
Favorite Enchilada Casserole Toppings
I keep a handful of toppings for the family to create the perfect plate. My husband doesn’t like sour cream, but I do. My husband likes to add hot sauce, but I don’t. My kids vary in what they like, also. Raid your fridge and pantry and pull out toppings and let your family have fun making their own elements of flavor and texture to the casserole.
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
- Hot Sauce
- Salty tortilla chips (crushed up)
- Pico de gallo
- Green onions
As you can see, you can create new flavors with toppings or eat it as is for the perfect flavor combination! Happy cooking and enjoy this easy ground beef enchilada casserole freezer meal!
Ingredients For Delicious Instant Pot Beef Enchilada Casserole
1 lbs. cooked ground beef (1 1/2 cups)
12 corn tortillas
2 cups Mexican blend cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cup organic enchilada sauce
1/2 cup canned black beans
1/2 cup canned pinto beans
1 can diced green chilies
1/2 cup frozen corn
1/2 small onion diced
1/2 cup sour cream
Fat Daddio’s Anodized Aluminum Round Cheesecake Pan with Removable Bottom, 7 Inch x 3 InchFlower Cake Bundtlette Pan For Use With 3,5,6 AND 8 Qt. Pressure Cooker And Oven bakingInstant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
1) Take your pan and then create a foil packet big enough to line a dish that fits inside your Instant Pot. I used my Fat Daddio cheesecake pan. Cover the pan with the foil.
2) After the foil is in the pan layer your enchilada casserole in the foil. Start with a layer of tortillas, then spread on some sour cream and enchilada sauce.
Add ground beef, beans, chili, corn, and cheese. Continue the layers until your pan is full. Finish with a layer of cheese.
3) Fold the foil over to seal foil packet over the enchiladas.
4) Place the pan of enchiladas in the freezer for 1-2 hours then remove it from the pan (your enchilada casserole with be in the foil packet) and place it in a freezer bag.
5) Seal the freezer bag and write the name and cooking instructions on a label and tape it to the freezer bag. Store int he freezer for up to 1 month until ready to cook.
1 cup water
Manual 30 minutes
Natural pressure release
1) Add 1 cup water and the trivet to the Instant Pot insert.
2) Remove the enchilada casserole from the freezer bag and place on top of the trivet, keep it in the foil packet.
3) Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure using the manual setting for 30-35 minutes. Let the pressure naturally release.
4) Remove the foil packet from the Instant Pot using the handles on the trivet. Place on a baking sheet. Open the foil packet so that the top is exposed. Top with more cheese if desired. Brown the cheese under the broiler for 5 minutes.
5) Remove the enchilada casserole from the oven and let it settle for 10 minutes before serving.
– The rest of the canned beans can be used in this Beef and Veggie soup.
Prep: Label: Cooking Instructions: The rest of the canned beans can be used in this Beef and Veggie soup.
The rest of the canned beans can be used in this Beef and Veggie soup.