CLICK HERE TO HEAD TO THE LIGHTENING DEAL FOR THE GUMMIE MOLDS!!! ((SUPPLIES LIMITED SO I HAVE NO CONTROL WHEN THE DEAL IS OVER)
The other week I shared my recipe for making elderberry syrup in the Instant Pot. Well, I am taking that recipe one step further with Instant Pot Elderberry Gummies!
The flu has been visiting every home here in my city the past few weeks. In fact, this flu is so contagious that many schools have closed for several days up to a week, churches have cancelled services and/or midweek activities, and drug stores have empty shelves where over-the-counter medicines were once sold. Although the flu didn’t rapture my home like many of my friends, my middle son did catch it. And let me tell you, it was not a pretty sight to see. Although many public and private schools were closed while children were either battling the flu or staying away from the flu, all my homeschool mommas kept plugging along.
In a hurry? Join our instant pot group for ALL our recipes! —>>> HERE.
I do my best to keep my kids healthy. Though I’ve occasionally purchased a remedy from our local drug store, I prefer helping my kids combat sickness in a natural, healthy way. I keep a wide variety of essential oils on hand, my own instant pot cough syrup recipe, elderberry syrup, and now these Instant Pot Gummies! How are these different than just taking the syrup?
Well, there are a couple of reasons. Have you seen how kids gobble up fruit snacks? This is much the same! The cute shapes from the molds often have the kids asking for more gummies even when they’re not sick! Plus, did you know that when you combine elderberry syrup with the gut health benefits of gelatin, you have a winning combination for fighting the flu!
Without further ado, let’s talk about the ingredients and cooking directions for the Instant Pot Gummies:
1 cup elderberry syrup
4 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
Molds-Head over to Amazon to grab the molds! I have found they have the best selection.
1) Bring the elderberry syrup to a boil. If you just finished making a batch of syrup, pour a cup back into your Instant Pot before storing the rest.
2) Whisk in the gelatin.
3) Place your silicone molds on baking sheet for support. Next, fill each mold using a dropper or medicine syringe.
4) Refrigerate the elderberry dummies overnight for at least 6 hours. I prefer to refrigerate overnight for a firmer gummy. Remove the gummies by pushing back on the mold to flip it inside out. Store the gummies in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The gummies are sticky, so I recommend storing them in layers with wax paper in-between.
Don’t forget to print the recipe for later!
- 1 cup elderberry syrup
- 4 tbsp. unflavored gelatin
- Molds-see above for specific kind.
- 1) Bring the elderberry syrup to a boil. If you just finished making a batch of syrup, pour a cup back into your Instant Pot before storing the rest.
- 2) Whisk in the gelatin.
- 3) Place your silicone molds on baking sheet for support. Next, fill each mold using a dropper or medicine syringe.
- 4) Refrigerate the elderberry gummies 6 hours, or overnight. I prefer to refrigerate overnight for a firmer gummy. To remove the gummies just push back on the mold to flip it inside out. Store the gummies in an air tight container in the refrigerator. The gummies are sticky, so I recommend storing them in layers with wax paper in-between.
Want more natural health inspiration? Check this book out….
Find more amazing instant pot recipes —>>> HERE!