I can’t tell you how many beans I snapped as a child. Not only did I help snap our own beans, I also helped my grandmother in her garden! Those were some of my fondest memories. Needless to say, I get excited as soon as green beans come into season! Although canned green beans will do in a pinch, there is nothing better than fresh green beans.
In a hurry? Join my Instant Pot Group ===>>>HERE.
As I continue down memory lane, I remember bushels upon bushels of beans to snap and can. Many days we did this on my mom’s front porch, listening to the trees sway back and forth, the distant calls from birds, and all the peaceful country sounds. It was very relaxing to be quite honest. It was a wonderful way to get chores done while we talked and made memories that have lasted all my life. Some days we would take our bean snapping duties to my Grandma’s house. We would all be sitting around snapping beans and talking about everything and anything until eventually my grandma would doze off. We would then toss a handful of beans over on her lap to wake her up. I remember these times like they were yesterday. My grandma was always a good sport about it and would usually toss beans back at us. Remind me someday to tell you the story about how my grandma washed dishes for hours. 😉
It’s no secret that I love green beans. I enjoy the taste. I enjoy canning them. Mostly, I enjoy the memories I’m reminded of when I snap green beans. Unfortunately, I don’t have a garden yet down here. Luckily, I have some wonderful Amish folks near me that keep me stocked! However, not just any green bean will do. I don’t care for those fancy crunchy green beans you see in expensive restaurants. When I share a green bean recipe, you can bet your bottom dollar it will be country-style.
How do you make Country Style Green Beans in the Instant Pot? Well, it is super easy! Sit down, grab a cup of coffee or tea and I’ll walk you through it.
2 lbs fresh green beans
1 cup ham cubes
1 1/2 cups broth (vegetable, chicken, beef)
1 marrow bone (ham or beef)
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 tsp garlic salt (optional)
1) Wash and snap the green beans into 1 to 2 inch pieces. Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
2) Cook on high pressure using the manual button for 18 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.
Your green beans should be soft, not crunchy.
3) Remove the lid and drain any excess liquid. Serve.
Don’t forget to print the recipe out to have handy below!
- 2 lbs fresh green beans
- 1 cup ham cubes
- 1 1/2 cups broth (vegetable, chicken, beef)
- 1 marrowbone (ham or beef)
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 1 tsp garlic salt (optional)
- 1) Wash and snap the green beans into 1 2 inch pieces. Combine all the ingredients in the Instant Pot.
- 2) Cook on high pressure using the manual button for 18 minutes, let the pressure release naturally. Your green beans should be soft, not crunchy.
- 3) Remove the lid and drain any excess liquid. Serve.
Don’t forget accessories and a cookbook for your instant pot!
Instant Pot Mini MittsInstant Pot Silicone Cover 5 and 6 QuartInstant Pot Sous Vide Immersion Circulator Instant Pot Silicone Springform LoafPaleo Cooking With Your Instant PotInstant Pot® Obsession-cookbook
Don’t miss out on my other instant pot recipes!
Don’t miss out on my other instant pot recipes. Just go ===>>>here to visit my instant pot page.