Instant Pot Chipotle Maple Chicken Thighs
Tender, juicy instant pot chicken thighs with a perfect amount of sweet and tangy sauce served at the perfect temperature the whole family can enjoy. A quick and easy weeknight meal that you can make in your Instant Pot for a quick dinner. Serve over a bed of cauliflower rice and drizzle the sweet and spicy sauce over the chicken for a crowd worthy dish.
Chicken and chipotle are a wonderful combination and this recipe is a must try. You get that sticky, spicy, sweet and juicy chicken that is finger licking good. Do you want to know what makes this dish over the top on flavor factor? Chicken thighs! The chicken thigh will cook quickly in your Instant Pot, giving you a rich flavor without biting into dry chicken. Cooking chicken with the bone is a great way to add even more flavor to your recipe. You are welcome to use chicken breasts, boneless thighs or even drumsticks. I will share the directions below.
Chipotle peppers in adobo sauce are unique in flavor. You can find this sauce at most grocery stores near the Mexican and canned goods aisle. Chipotle peppers are a smoked and dried jalapeno that is then rehydrated and soaked in an adobo sauce. The adobo sauce offers a tomato base with some heat and even a slight vinegar flavor. The sauce is packed with some gentle heat, so you want to use it lightly. If you want to add even more heat to the dish, then use more peppers and more sauce in the recipe.
How Do You Cook Chipotle Maple Chicken Thighs In Instant Pot
You will create a marinade that will give your chicken thighs a nice flavor and then sear them in your Instant Pot. I find that searing you’re not only introduces a wonderful flavor, but also adds a nice element of texture. It will give your chicken a nice crust to it that draws in the sauce. After you sear your marinaded chicken, you pour your chipotle sauce over the chicken and cook it as directed.
I love to serve over a bed of cauliflower rice; the flavors pair nicely. You could even prepare some steamed veggies, a crisp green salad, or eat the dish as is. My youngest though is addicted to instant pot jasmine rice. 🙂
This is one recipe I like to make from time to time for the family. It is a nice change from the classic chicken dishes and something your whole family can enjoy.
Instant Pot Chipotle Maple Chicken Thighs
- 1.65 lbs. of Skinless, Bone-in Chicken Thighs (4 large pieces)
- 2 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Ground Cumin
- 2 tablespoon of light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- ½ cup of Ketchup
- ¼ cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 Chipotle Pepper + 1 teaspoon of the Adobo Sauce [We got a can of Chipotle peppers in Adobo Sauce]
- 1 tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar
Instant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot Accessories, MCIRCO Instant Pot Accessories Set, 7Instant Loss Cookbook: Cook Your Way to a Healthy Weight with 125 Recipes for Your Instant Pot, Pressure Cooker, and More
- Mix all the “Dry Rub” ingredients in a large bowl or Ziplock baggie.
- Add the chicken and rub the spices into the meat, making sure they are evenly coated on all sides. Cover or seal the baggie and refrigerate for at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Take the chicken out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to cook.
- In a small blender, combine the ingredients under “Chipotle Sauce” and blend it into a smooth sauce. Keep aside.
- Turn the Instant Pot on the ‘Sauté’ mode. Let the Pot heat up for 2 to 3 minutes or until the display shows ‘HOT’.
- Add the oil.
- Add the chicken pieces in a single layer and let it sear for 4 minutes on each side.
- Add the prepared chipotle sauce.
- Turn off “Sauté” mode. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 20 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the natural way for 5 minutes and then using the small plastic spoon that came with the instant pot, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
- Serve the chicken on a bed of white/brown or cauliflower rice. Drizzle the maple-chipotle sauce from the instant pot over the chicken thighs and garnish with green onion and cilantro.
- If using boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast, bring down the pressure cooking time to 10 minutes.
- If there is more liquid/sauce in the pot than you like, turn back the ‘Sauté’ mode and let it simmer off some of the liquid.
Don’t Forget To Print Your Recipe For Instant Pot Chipotle Maple Chicken Thighs For Later!
If using boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast, being down the pressure cooking time to 10 minutes. If there is more liquid/sauce in the pot than you like, turn back the ‘Sauté’ mode and let it simmer off some of the liquid.
If using boneless chicken thigh or chicken breast, being down the pressure cooking time to 10 minutes.
If there is more liquid/sauce in the pot than you like, turn back the ‘Sauté’ mode and let it simmer off some of the liquid.