Instant Pot Chicken Chowder
If you are looking for a hearty bowl of chowder then this Instant Pot Chicken Chowder is the recipe for you! You can’t go wrong with this chicken chowder and even the pickiest eaters won’t turn their noses up.
It is made with chicken broth and heavy cream for that creamy and thick texture that isn’t too rich in flavor. Every bite has a creamy and smooth flavor, bites of chicken, a taste of spinach, onion and other wholesome ingredients. Welcome to another world of instant comfort food.
Have you tried making soup in your Instant Pot yet? If not, you are missing out! Making soups like this chowder in my Instant Pot has been such a game changer.
Instead of having to make soup in the slow cooker or stove where it has to simmer for hours to create the flavor I desire, I can now obtain that flavor in under 30 minutes in my Instant Pot!
This is a mom win for sure when it comes to making wholesome and flavorful dishes that your family loves.
Top this soup with crispy bacon, scallions, shredded cheese, or another one of your favorite toppings. Offer a side of saltines or oyster crackers to help soak up that creamy goodness. Your soup will disappear fast because it is that good!
Our family loves chowder and this one deserves a blue ribbon. Also, leftovers the next day is just amazing! So, so good!
Instant Pot Chicken Chowder
Instant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
- 1 lb. of chicken thighs, cut into bite sized pieces
- 5 -6 strips of thick cut Bacon, chopped
- ½ cup of diced Onion (1 small-sized)
- ½ cup of chopped Celery (about 3 small ribs)
- 2 teaspoon of minced Garlic (about 5 fat cloves)
- ½ teaspoon of dried Thyme
- ½ teaspoon of dried Oregano
- 1 small box (5 oz.) of Baby Spinach
- 4 cups of Chicken Stock
- 1 cup of Heavy Cream
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Turn the Instant Pot (IP) on the “Sauté” mode. Add the chopped bacon. Sauté for 5 minutes, stirring constantly till the bacon is brown and crispy. Drain it out on a paper towel and keep aside.
- Add the chopped onions, celery and the garlic to the leftover bacon grease in the Instant Pot. Sauté for another 4 to 5 minutes until the onions caramelize.
- Add the chicken pieces, salt and pepper and sauté for another 3 to 4 minutes or until the chicken turns opaque.
- Add the chicken stock, dried thyme and oregano.
- Turn off “Sauté” mode. Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode and adjust the time with the “- / +” to 10 minutes. Tip: If your instant pot doesn’t have the pressure cook button, you can use the manual button. It is the same thing. 🙂
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release naturally.
- Add the bag of baby spinach and mix it in. The steam will be enough to wilt the spinach.
- Turn on the “Sauté” mode and add the heavy cream and let it simmer for 5 minutes. Check for seasoning and adjust the salt and pepper accordingly.
Don’t Forget To Print The Instant Pot Chicken Chowder Recipe Out For Later!