I can hardly contain my excitement! I have a fantastic recipe to share with you. Each week I am becoming more and more a fan of my Instant Pot and I have this unyielding desire to share my new found love with you!
Also, be sure to check out Instant Pot Chili, too.
Instant Pot Cheesecake Recipe
You may be wondering what is an Instant Pot and why all the fuss about it. An Instant Pot is the brand name for a programmable pressure cooker. You may find that other brands produce something similar, but the Instant Pot is so much more than your ordinary pressure cooker. Keep in mind when imagining this device that it is NOT the pressure cooker of days gone by. I have one of those also and I continue to use it for canning. However, the Instant Pot is simply amazing! Here are some of the features that I’m sure many of you will truly enjoy!
- Slow Cooker
- Rice Cooker
- Saute Pan
- Pressure Cooker
- Yogurt Maker—-umm yes!
Instead of having 59 gadgets to do all that, all you need is one Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Cheesecake
Okay, so now that you know what the Instant Pot is, let’s talk about how on earth you could possibly make Carmel Pumpkin Cheesecake in a pressure cooker!
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 Tbsp. melted butter
- 2 Tbsp. brown sugar
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie seasoning
- 16oz softened cream cheese
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. pumpkin pie seasoning
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- Whipped cream
- Caramel topping
- Grease a 7 inch spring form pan (a larger pan will not fit in the Instant Pot), and place a circular piece of parchment paper on the bottom. The parchment paper is optional, but makes it easier to remove cheesecake from pan without sticking.
- Place 1 sleeve graham crackers in a plastic bag, use rolling pin to crush crackers into crumbs.
- In a large mixing bowl combine graham cracker crumbs with melted butter, 2 Tbsp brown sugar, and ½ tsp pumpkin pie seasoning.
- Pour crust mixture into the 7 inch spring form pan. Using an empty glass compact the crust on the bottom and sides. Set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and brown sugar using an electric mixer.
- Add pumpkin puree, vanilla, pumpkin pie seasoning, sour cream, and cornstarch. Once ingredients are mixed together mix in eggs, one at a time.
- Take a long piece of aluminum foil and fold in thirds. The foil will act as a sling to insert and remove the cheesecake from the Instant Pot.
- Place another piece of foil the size of a paper towel in the center of sling. Place a paper towel on top of the foil. Set spring form pan in the center and fold paper towel and towel sized foil around the bottom. This prevents steam from soaking the crust.
- Pour filling into the crust.
- Inset wire rack into Instant Pot and fold handles down. Pour in 1 cup water at the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Using sling gently slide the cheesecake into the Instant Pot and set on wire rack. It will be a tight fit. Fold sling handles down so that it doesn’t get in the way of the lid.
- Attach lid, and close the vent. Cook cheesecake on high pressure for 33 minutes. When done let Instant Pot depressurize on its own. Carefully open lid and remove instant pot by using the sling.
- Pat any excess moisture off the top with a paper towel. Let cool, cover, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours.
- When ready to serve top with whipped cream and drizzle with caramel sauce.
Instant Pot Caramel Pumpkin Cheesecake Video: