The Best Instant Pot Beef & Vegetable Soup
Welcome back! We have been sharing freezer meals because, well, we’re just so busy. I really enjoy using my Instant Pot to help me meal plan! If you missed the first part of this series, Instant Pot Beef Freezer Meals, don’t worry! You can click the link and catch up. Today I am here sharing another delicious recipe I confidently call The Best Instant Pot Beef and Vegetable Soup! Before I get started though, here are some important links:
- How to Use the Instant Pot for Beginners is a great way for you to get to know your Instant Pot buttons and learn how to use your magic gadget!
- 5 Instant Pot Hacks will help you understand your Instant Pot and use it to its full potential in creative ways.
- Instant Pot Cook Times is a handy chart I have for FREE to help you understand cook times!
- Meal Planning Doesn’t Have to Be Hard With an Instant Pot is the first article in my meal prep/freezer meal series! This will give you a break down on getting started with meal preparation. I call it the 411 of Instant Pot freezer meals!
- Preparing Freezer Meals with the Instant Pot is next up in the series! You don’t want to miss this one either.
- Sweet & Spicy Chicken Bowls is the first freezer meal I shared!
- Creamy Sun dried Tomato Chicken is the next recipe I shared. This is another great recipe!
- Pulled BBQ Chicken Sandwiches is a recipe I created for my husband for college football game day. It is a wonderful recipe for football games, tailgate parties, BBQs, and anytime in between!
- Red Pepper Chicken is one I shared previously. It is another twist on freezer chicken to give you more variety for your family.
- Cilantro Lime Chicken is a can’t miss recipe! You will love the flavor combinations!
- Instant Pot Beef Freezer Meals Come join us as we kick off our beef freezer meal series! I will also teach you how to cook frozen ground beef right in your handy, dandy Instant Pot.
The Best Instant Pot Beef & Vegetable Soup is such a wholesome and comforting soup that will warm you up on a chilly day. Loaded with veggies and ground beef, it is a complete dish that is simple to make and will leave you satisfied. I have meal prep instructions that allows you to prep this ahead of time to toss in your freezer for a quick and easy weeknight dinner! This soup can be whipped up in minutes and tastes as if it has simmered all day long.
Soup is a meal I could eat all the time. You can find so many varieties of soups that can keep things interesting. This soup is loaded with veggies, creamy broccoli and cheese, chowders, you name it. This hearty Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a staple dish in our home. I love making this and freezing and then reheating on busy nights where I don’t have the time to cook. This vegetable soup is a no-fuss dish and is a great way to get your kids to eat their vegetables.
How Long Can You Freeze Vegetable Soup
If you store your soup properly, you can freeze it for approximately one month. Freezer vegetable soup is an excellent way to prep meals weeks ahead and know that by the time you grab them to reheat they are still good. Just make sure to label all your freezer meals with the date you put the soup in the freezer to ensure it is still safe to eat.
How To Freeze And Store Soup
When you cook in the Instant Pot, you’ll need to have a pot that your soup will need to fit in. I like to freeze soup in a plastic container so I go directly from the freezer to the Instant Pot. I have also used freezer bags. I place the soup in the bag and place in a bowl that would fit into the Instant Pot. Put in the freezer for a few hours, remove the container and the soup will hold the shape. Or you can lay your bags flat in a single layer and allow it to begin to thaw so you can break it up and put in the Instant Pot for cooking.
Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids Food Storage Containers, Racer Red, 42-Piece Set 1880801Eutuxia Hands-Free Baggy Rack, Plastic Bag Holder and Baggie Stand. Clip Food Storage Bags onto Holder, Ideal Kitchen Product
Label Your Vegetable Soup
Make sure to write directly on the bag or attach instructions for cooking on your freezer bag. You will need to add water and canned tomatoes when you prepare the soup, so having the instructions for cook time on the bag helps. Sharpies work great for writing directly on the bag and holding up through the freezing process.
I hope you enjoy this soup as much as our family does. Get ahead of the game and make those busy weeknights simple! A quick and easy freezer meal that can be made in your Instant Pot for an easy dinner or lunch.
Ingredients in Freezer Bag:
1 1/2 lbs. cooked ground beef (about 2 cups)
1 16 oz bag of frozen mixed vegetables
1 medium onion diced
1 cup canned pinto beans
1 cup canned black beans
8 tsp beef bullion
1 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
1 tsp Italian seasoning
1 can diced tomatoes
8 cups water
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot DUO Plus 60, 6 Qt 9-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot Accessories Set-Fits 5,6,8Qt Instant Pot Pressure Cooker,6 Pcs with Silicone Egg Bites Mold×2,Steamer Basket,Egg Steamer Rack,Silicone Spoon and Bowl Clip,Steamed Out Health
1) Add all your ingredients except the water and diced tomatoes in a freezer bag. TIP: Remember your beef will have already been prepared using my recipe on how to prepare frozen ground beef in the instant pot.
2) Write the recipe name on the bag and add a label with the cooking instructions. If you are using a plastic container, you will write the name out on a removable label and stick to the container.
1 can diced tomatoes
8 cups water
20 minutes manual
Natural Pressure Release
3) Store in the freezer for up to 1 month until ready to cook.
Cooking instructions after removing from the freezer:
1) Dump the contents of the freezer bag or plastic container into your Instant Pot insert.
2) Add the water and can of diced tomatoes.
3) Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook using the manual setting on high pressure for 20 minutes. Let the pressure release naturally.
4) Garnish and serve.
Prep: Label: Cooking instructions: