How To Cook Instant Pot Chicken
How does using the Instant Pot help with meal prep?
- State Fair Air Fryer Chicken Tender “Hot Dogs”
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Meal Prep- 4 ways!
- Air Fryer Chicken Poutine
- Hearty Instant Pot Chicken & Potato Soup
- Instant Pot Flu Fighting Chicken Noodle Soup With Spaghetti Squash
- Instant Pot Flu Fighting Chicken Noodle Soup
- Air Fryer Chicken Tenders (Allergy Friendly)
- Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken & Noodles
- Instant Pot White Chicken Chili (Taco Time Copycat)
- Pressure Cooker Chicken Maple Thighs
- Air Fryer Thai Chicken Pita Pizza and many many more chicken recipes right here on the site!
Should you season your chicken before adding it to the Instant Pot?
How To Cook Instant Pot Chicken
Makes about 4 cups of shredded chicken
Ingredients to make instant pot chicken
1 lb. of skinless boneless Chicken Breast (2 to 3 pieces)
One cup of Water or Chicken Stock. I make my own chicken broth.
Salt and Pepper
Mealthy MultiPot 9-in-1 Programmable Pressure Cooker 6 Quarts with Stainless Steel Pot, Steamer Basket, instant access to recipe app. Pressure cook, slow cook, sauté, rice cooker, yogurt, steamInstant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerCOSORI Electric Pressure Cooker 6 Qt 8-in-1 Instant Stainless Steel Pot, 16 Program Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Yogurt Maker, Sauté, Warmer with Extra Glass Lid & Sealing Ring, 2-Year Warranty
Instructions to make instant pot chicken.
Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Pour a cup of water or chicken stock in the insert pot insert.
Place the seasoned chicken on a trivet and carefully lower the trivet in the instant pot insert. The liquid should not touch the chicken.
Attach the lid, ensuring the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the ‘Pressure Level’ to “high” and adjust the time to 10 minutes using the “- / +” button.
When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the naturally for 10 minutes. Then, using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to perform a quick release.
Carefully remove the trivet.
Chop, dice, slice or shred the chicken and use in your favorite recipe.
You can use chicken thighs instead of the breasts. The cooking time remains the same.
Do not discard the liquid remaining in the instant post. The liquid is packed with flavor. Use it to flavor your favorite soup or stew.
How do you freeze cooked chicken?
Once you have your chicken cooked, you can either choose to freeze it like it is, or shred it and freeze it instead. Simply purchase some freezer-proof bags or containers, add a label and annotate the date and ingredient (i.e. 9/15/19 Chicken). Place the bag or container in the freezer to use later. When it comes time to use, simply unthaw on a low setting in the Instant Pot or a few seconds in the microwave and eat. If you like to keep frozen cooked chicken in the freezer, make sure to move the older chicken to the front.
Enther Meal Prep Containers [20 Pack] Single 1 Compartment with Lids, Food Storage Bento Box | BPA Free | Stackable | Reusable Lunch Boxes, Microwave/Dishwasher/Freezer Safe,Portion Control (28 oz)[10 Pack,22 Oz]Glass Meal Prep Containers,Glass Food Storage Containers with lids,Glass Lunch Containers,Microwave, Oven, Freezer and Dishwasher Safe(22 Oz)
What are ways that you can use Instant Pot chicken?
Get creative! You can add it to a salad or your favorite chicken recipe, like this chicken teriyaki meal! And you can even use it as a substitute for other recipes that might use beef or pork instead. The sky is truly the limit on what you can do when it comes to using Instant Pot cooked chicken. Keep that in mind when you’re making this awesome Instant Pot recipe!
Don’t Forget To Print Off The Recipe For Later!
Share below- What is your favorite way to use Instant Pot cooked chicken?
- 1 lb. of skinless boneless Chicken Brest (2 to 3 pieces)
- 1 cup of Water or Chicken Stock
- Salt and Pepper
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
- Pour a cup of water or chicken stock in the insert pot insert.
- Place the seasoned chicken on a trivet and carefully lower the trivet in the instant pot insert. The liquid should not touch the chicken.
- Put the lid on, making sure that the pressure valve is in the “Sealing” position.
- Select the “Pressure Cook” mode. Adjust the ‘Pressure Level’ to “high” and adjust the time, with the “- / +” to 10 minutes.
- When Instant Pot beeps, let the pressure release the naturally for 10 minutes and then using a thick tea towel, turn the pressure valve to “Venting” position to do the quick release.
- Carefully take out the trivet.
- Chop, dice, slice or shred the chicken and use in your favorite recipe.
- You can use chicken thighs instead of the breasts. The cooking time remains the same.
- Do not throw the liquid remaining in the instant post. It is packed with flavor. Use it to flavor your favorite soup or stew.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 237 Total Fat: 9g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 5g Cholesterol: 103mg Sodium: 260mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 34g