Do I need to alter the amount of gluten-free flour I’m adding into these homemade hot dog buns?
Can I use this gluten-free bread recipe for hamburger buns also?
How can you use leftovers of this homemade bread?
- Irish Soda Bread
- Instant Pot Cornbread
- Banana Bread
- Pumpkin Cranberry Bread
- Apple Cinnamon Pull Apart Bread
Gluten Free Soy Free Hot Dog Buns
Makes – 12 buns
Gather up the ingredients listed below to create delicious gluten-free hot dog buns!
1) In a large bowl, combine the gluten-free all-purpose flour, salt, yeast, maple syrup, and the olive oil. Give it a good mix.
2) Add a third of the warm milk and an egg and mix with a spoon.
3) Keep adding more milk and an egg until all the mil and the eggs are gone and the dough is thick, sticky and pasty like a thick muffin batter.
4) Cover and let the dough rest for 1 hour.
5) Line a baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner.
6) Pour out ½ cup of the gluten-free flour on a shallow plate and grease a ¼ cup measure.
7) Take the dough from its resting place and remove the cover and punch the dough a little to get the air out
8) Now with the greased measuring cup, scoop out ¼ cup of the dough and place it on the plate of gluten-free flour. Lightly dust the dough and your hands with the flour and form it into a long rectangle “hot dog bun” shape. Place it on the prepared baking sheet. Repeat with the rest of the dough.
9) Place each hot dog bun about ½ an inch apart on the baking tray.
10) Brush the top of the bun with olive oil.
11) Bake at 350 F oven for 40 minutes.
12) Slice open the bin lengthwise.
13) Place a cooked hot dog and top with mustard and ketchup. Serve immediately.
14) Store the leftover buns in a Ziploc bag, in the fridge.
While this recipe makes delicious homemade hot dogs buns, my kiddos also like to eat them without hot dogs. They are delicious! The good thing about them is that they have such a great flavor that I don’t mind using the leftovers for other recipe needs.
Don’t Forget To Print The Recipe Out For Later!
- 3½ cups of gluten free all-purpose flour (Bob Red Mill’s 1:1 GF Baking Flour) + ½ cup for dusting
- 1 (¼ oz.) package of Active Dry Yeast
- 1 teaspoon of Salt
- 2 teaspoon Maple Syrup
- ¼ cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 cup warm Milk
- 3 Eggs
- To serve - Cooked hot dogs, ketchup and mustard