There is a growing trend in beauty box subscriptions. As a cosmetologist I love this concept. I have used many forms of make-up and skin care throughout my life, both personally and professionally. I have also sold many products as well. However, I really enjoy trying the latest trends, colors and products without feeling like I am “cheating” on a company.
Who doesn’t like receiving packages in the mail? Imagine getting a beautiful box with new products each month. I currently have a subscription to four different beauty box companies. It is thrilling to receive the packages and the surprises inside.
When I was deciding which companies I would go with, here are a few tips that I used:
1. Budget – There are beauty boxes available for many different price ranges. You can find different boxes at Wal-Mart and Target, as well as high-end make-up companies. As with everything, make a budget and stick to it. Personally, I wanted several different products but didn’t want to break the bank. Here is an article from DailyFinance concerning if beauty boxes were worth the cost. In his words, YES!
2. Products – There are companies who specialize more in skin care, some who focus more on make-up, some who like to mix it up a bit with many options, some that allow the customer to customize which type of products that are included in the box, and there are also companies that are seasonal.
Here are the companies that I went with in no particular order:
- JULEP – I picked Julep based upon a friend’s recommendation and also because they have a lot of foot and nail care products.
- BirchBox – In one word BirchBox is FANTASTIC! They base the items in your box upon a quiz that is offered concerning your lifestyle and beauty features. One of the pros of BirchBox is the ability to purchase a full size product of what you like! I LOVE that! How many times do we get a sample and fall in love with it? When we try to find the full-size product, we cannot find it ANYWHERE! Birchbox hit it out of the park with this option. BirchBox also has a men’s subscription too! Once Clay returns I may be getting him one as well! 🙂
- GlossyBox – I really like this one because they send more high-end products to try. They are travel size and even the box is reusable. I like having this affordable option to try more expensive brands.
- Ipsy Glam Bags – Ipsy is one that is VERY popular right now! They have really good brands that are included in their boxes, yet the price for the glambag is VERY affordable. I know several ladies who are on a fixed income yet they still are able to squeeze in the money for this. It helps to make them feel good-by getting good, affordable products each month!
I look forward to package day for homeschool, blog reviews, clothes, and Beauty Boxes, too! I look forward all month to new make-up and skin care products. So what are you waiting for? Sign up today and get your own beauty box sent right to your door! Oh ALSO check out STITCH FIX for awesome clothing options in a box!!!
*** This is not a sponsored post. I am just sharing information on products that I love.:)***