I have something exciting to share!!
Pastor Jimmy, the Life Groups Pastor at Grace Chapel, with the help of other magnificent people, has created an amazing new Bible study tool! This tool can be downloaded onto your computer or downloaded from your respected App store. Why is this tool so special? Allow me to share some snippets from the blog post Pastor Jimmy wrote about the App. You can also read it in its entirety HERE.
In the E3 App, you will find the following content:
- Key Scriptures: The key scripture in each section follows along the life of Jesus through His ministry, teachings, fulfillment of the OT scriptures, death, burial, and resurrection. The stories are broken into 20 story blocks. The scriptures follow a chronological harmony of all four gospel accounts including Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John. Right now only 40 stories are on the App but the rest will be uploaded soon. Sometimes, to understand the context for a particular story, you may need to read a bit before and a bit after. All of our Life Groups will be going through one story a week, but you could easily do this as a daily study as well with your group, family, or at work with a few friends.
- Group Questions: The Group questions are designed for any small group fellowship. The first question every week is about what everyone is learning and applying from the sermon they most recently heard. This is a great way to answer questions, clarify meanings, and gather applications that you never thought of. You may find that some weeks this will take the entire night. That is okay! Next week, just go right back to the # you were on and go from there. You do not have to hold strictly to any timeline to finish the materials. After you finish discussing the sermon, have everyone get out their Bibles (or their App) and follow along. The rest of the questions are going to dig into the life and teaching of Jesus. The questions follow a methodology that assumes that every member in the group is sharing what they are learning about Jesus with someone. Remember, Jesus has authorized all His disciples to go into the entire world to share about Him, baptize, and teach them to obey everything that He did (Matthew 28). There are many things about Jesus you will never fully understand until you begin to teach them to someone else.
- Family Questions: The family questions are designed to include all different age groups. The questions follow the particular stages of classical learning (What, Why, How). These questions would also work well in any setting because they are general questions that teach us how to think through the text. I recommend sticking to a shorter timeline than you would with an adult group – between 20-30 minutes max. You could plan to have your family group meet over a meal once a week, or choose a different time or format (bedtime, drive to school, breakfast). The important thing is that you remain consistent when you do it. If you get off track, just go back to whatever # you are on and get back on track! Remember, a little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.
- In the App you will see 5 tabs at the bottom.
- There is a complete ESV Bible built-in. (The reading plan feature does not correspond with the E3 Challenge).
- There is a BLOG where various trainings, encouragements, and devotionals will be written by a variety of different authors.
- There is a Podcast where we will take each story and discuss it for about 15 minutes. This is meant to help you prepare for your group so that you can think about the various aspects of a story. Don’t play this during your group time! Only use it as a way to prepare for the group. It is important that everyone has a chance to think through the story for themselves.
- There is an ABOUT tab where you can link to the E3 Facebook page, the E3 website, etc. Please share testimonials from your group on the E3 Facebook page!
The website has additional features that the App does not. On the E3 Website you can select any bible version you want. The website also has direct links to the E3 Facebook page where you can share testimonies about how your group is going! You can go to the website by typing www.E3challenge.net into any search engine.
Check out this video!
So why is this important to my readers?
Well, you can do this Bible study anywhere! I am SO excited because this week our church, Grace Chapel, will have a kickoff with the first lesson! There are many folks who have signed up to lead E3 studies in various states. I know my own mother is coming down to Nashville for a training we are having on September 5th, as well as a small group leader from her church in WV! You don’t have to show up for that training though. You can download the app and get started now!
If you are in the Nashville area or close enough to drive, here is information on the training that is coming up!
E3 Challenge @ HOME TRAINING! (Almost full!)
Saturday, September 5th 9AM-2PM.
Here is a testimonial! “From Rebecca and Todd (Life Group Leaders) Introduced Grace (10, entering 6th grade) to E3Challenge resource today. Her first question:
Can I start a kind of youth group at our house on Saturday mornings using this? I could ask people at school and give them our address with your permission. I’d buy the lemonade with my allowance.
Encouraged her to pray about it and ask God if he wants her to invite kids to come learn about Jesus.”
Thank you for using your talents to equip the spread of the good news!!”
I hope the E3 app and lessons are a blessing to your life!