How To Do A Prayer Walk Through of Your Home
And now, O Lord God, You are God, and Your words are true, and You have promised this goodness to Your servant. 29 Now therefore, let it please You to bless the house of Your servant, that it may continue before You forever; for You, O Lord God, have spoken it, and with Your blessing let the house of Your servant be blessed forever – 2 Samuel 7:28-29
As a young Army spouse moving all the time a tradition of doing a prayer walk through “new to us” housing was born! I continued this tradition well past the “being young” part. If you are thinking of doing a prayer walk through of your home, allow me to share some tips.
However, if you’re asking what a prayer walk through the home is, it’s exactly that – a walk through every area of your home praying for protection, blessings and thank God. This is a great way to cleanse your home as your home is a battle ground each day. By cleansing your home, you allow God to step in and protect and be first priority!
A prayer walk through your home can help you feel that your home is cleansed. A new, fresh start. If you have ever felt negative feelings or have went through a trial in your life, it is always nice to cleanse your home and get centered.
By doing the prayer walk through it helps the Spirit of the Lord to come in and take reign over your home. This can be done in any dwelling, church, workplace or anywhere else.
Read Related Post: War Room- The Power of Prayer
Doing a Prayer Walk Through to Cleanse Your Home
First I like to start outside and work my way into the home. As you are outside you will want to pray over each doorway and window and then move to the inside the home. Begin at one end and work your way into each room.
You can use scriptures or thank God for blessings or pray for protection over your home and family. While inside, pray over each doorway, walk throughout the room saying your prayer or scriptures, and then move to the next room until you are finished.
If you have a certain concern or focus, that is fine. There is no wrong or right way to do this. Praying over your home allows the Spirit of the Lord to come in!
You can do this as often as you would like. It is a great way to cleanse your home! Some people do this each month, some only once or twice a year, and others might do it daily.
Read: What is Prayer
Scriptures To Speak Over Your Home
When we cry out to God, He hears us. You might feel a great movement in your life after. Take authority over your home and protect and keep your family safe. Below, I have gathered some great verses you can read as you are performing your prayer walk through.
- Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, For they shall be filled. Matthew 5:6
- Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man. The things which God has prepared for those who love Him. 1 Corinthians 2:9
- But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, long-suffering, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control. Against such there is no law. Galatians 5:22-23
- Therefore whoever hears these sayings of Mine, and does them, I will liken him to a wise man who built his house on the rock: 25 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it did not fall, for it was founded on the rock. 26 “But everyone who hears these sayings of Mine, and does not do them, will be like a foolish man who built his house on the sand: 27 and the rain descended, the floods came, and the winds blew and beat on that house; and it fell. And great was its fall. Matthew 7:24-27
- Blessed are those who keep His testimonies, Who seek Him with the whole heart! Psalm 119:2
- Therefore do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ 32 For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. Matthew 6:31-32
- So let each one give as he purposes in his heart, not grudgingly or of necessity; for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthians 9:7