Delicious Instant Pot Stuffing
I shared a post about traditions recently and I had to share another one of my favorite holiday traditions. The holiday tradition I’m speaking of is stuffing. Yes, you read that correctly. Our family loves good food! We specifically love this delicious instant pot stuffing.
One of my favorite things about cooking is using old recipes that have been passed down from generation to generation. I have recipe cards, notebook paper, scrap pieces of paper and index cards filled with recipes used by my family from generations past.
They are a treasure worth their weight in gold! One of those recipes is this stuffing. Many of you who have been with me for a while may remember this recipe from when I shared it many years ago. This beloved recipe has since received a facelift with new pictures! WHOOHOO!
Before I get much more into this yummy, delicious instant pot stuffing, you may also enjoy paleo stuffing recipe. Any low carbers may want to check that recipe out. Anyway, I have been meal planning like crazy for Thanksgiving and I wanted to make sure I covered all my bases! In case you missed any of them…..
- Turkey & Gravy (Air Fryer Version here)
- Green Beans
- Mini Pumpkin Pies
- Cranberry Sauce
- TONS of other recipes here
So back to this stuffing recipe. I can’t prepare a Thanksgiving or Christmas meal without having this stuffing. It is a family favorite. My husband even got brave the last time he was stationed in Korea and prepared it for himself and his Soldiers! It is just that good!
Now I know I could have continued making this the original way, right in my oven. However, since I now have four (gulp) Instant Pots, why not turn this yummy stuffing recipe into an Instant Pot dish?
If you don’t have an Instant Pot, here are a few I recommend:
Instant Pot DUO80 8 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerInstant Pot Ultra 6 Qt 10-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake Maker, Egg Cooker, Sauté, Steamer, Warmer, and SterilizerInstant Pot Duo Mini 3 Qt 7-in-1 Multi- Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and Warmer
Delicious Instant Pot Stuffing Ingredients
Delicious Instant Pot Stuffing Directions
1) Brown the sausage in the Instant Pot on sauté mode.
2) In a large bowl mix together stuffing, craisins, onions, apples, and water. The stuffing should be slightly wet. When the sausage is done mix the sausage into the stuffing.
3) Transfer the stuffing mix into an oven safe dish that will fit inside the Instant Pot. I used a spring form pan. which you can find here-
4) Add 2 cups of water and the trivet to the bottom of the Instant Pot insert. Fold a long piece of aluminum foil to make sling for the pan.
Carefully use the sling to lower the stuffing into the Instant Pot. Leave the stuffing uncovered.
5) Cook the stuffing on high pressure using the manual function for 15 minutes. Release pressure using a quick release.
6) Preheat the oven to 350. Remove the stuffing from the Instant Pot and transfer to the oven to crisp until slight brown if desired. You do not have to do this step if you do not want to.
Don’t Forget to Print the Recipe Out For Later!