My kids are very active in Trail Life USA. Therefore, my husband is very active in Trail Life USA. Right now the chatter around our house is about a Fall campout they are planning.
Going camping is so much fun, er, for some of us that is. I will be the first to admit that camping isn’t my thing. However, my boys and husband love it! Although you would think that after over 20 years of “camping” with the Army my husband would be over it. He’ll be the first to tell you that it’s much different having fun with your kids.
Since I am not much of a fan of camping, I try to keep my area of expertise to indoor activities. I help plan holiday parties and am currently the Operation Christmas Child Chair. I also enjoy teach my boys how to cook. My boys’ love for camping and Trail Life are what inspired these fun cookies!
Cast Iron Camp Fire TripodCampfire Treats Portable Propane Fire Pit M KITCHEN WORLD Marshmallow Roasting Sticks | Telescoping Smores Skewers Hot Dog Extending Stainless Steel Fork | Extra Long 3.75 FT-45’’|Set of 5|Fire Pit, Camping, Campfire, Bonfire KidsMarshmallow Roasting Sticks, Telescoping Smore Sticks Skewers for BBQ Hot Dog Fork Patio Fire Pit Camping Cookware Campfire Cooking Utensil for Kids Adult Party Accessories ,(Pack of 8)
My camp fire inspired cookies are a way to bring the camping indoors or out if my husband takes them on a camping trip with him! It doesn’t matter what time of year it is, these cookies are always a surefire way to bring some fun to the evening! Another kid tested recipe! YUM!
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
– 1 pkg. Sugar Cookies
– 1 Container White Frosting
– 1 pkg. Gummy Bears
– 1 pkg. Whoppers Candy
– 1 pkg. Tootsie Rolls
– 1 pkg. Mini Pretzel Sticks
– Mini Marshmallows
– Green Food Coloring
– Lighter (optional)
1. Mix green food coloring into the white frosting and frost the cookies.
2. Using a sharp knife, cut knife marks lengthwise into the tootsie rolls so they
3. Cut the gummy bears into 3 pieces and dice the whoppers into small pieces.
4. Sprinkle some whopper pieces onto the middle of the cookies.
5. Take 3 tootsie rolls and lay around the whopper pieces in the shape of a
6. Place some of the gummy bear pieces inside the triangle of tootsie rolls to
resemble fire flames.
7. Poke a pretzel stick into a marshmallow but not through it. It will look like a
roasting marshmallow on a stick. Repeat this for as many as you need.
8. Place 3 of the marshmallow sticks on each cookie in a pyramid shape over the
campfire, making sure the marshmallow touch at the top.
9. An optional step: Take a lighter and run it over the marshmallows to give them
a roasted look.
10. Super cute and fun treat for summer parties!
Don’t Forget To Print Out Your Recipe!