The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted review
Valentine’s Day is sneaking upon us and I have a wonderful book I want to introduce you to. In Gary Chapman’s book The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted he gives great advice from a Christian perspective. This book speaks to the heart of newlyweds as well as those of us who are well past the honeymoon stage :). This is a great gift for a wedding and anniversary!
I have enjoyed other books by Gary Chapman such as The 5 Love Languages, so I was really excited to dive into this one. Here is what amazon says about the book:
From America’s favorite marriage expert and author of the New
York Times #1 bestseller, The 5 Love Languages®
marriage counselor Gary Chapman looks at the key issues that will help you build
the marriage you’ve always wanted, answering such real-life questions as . . .
won’t they change?Why do we always fight about tasks and responsibilities?Why
should we have to work at sex?
In the warm, practical style that
has endeared him to audiences worldwide, Dr. Chapman delivers advice on all the
“big issues” of:
Money Communication Decision making In-laws and much more
Each chapter includes a “Your Turn” opportunity for reflection and interaction with between spouses.
Discover the “joy potential” in your marriage and your “ministry potential” for God!
Here are some of the things that I really liked about this book:
1. Dr. Chapman presents everything from a Christian perspective.
2. Dr. Chapman bases everything on the word of God and this book is saturated with scripture.
3. An easy read and each chapter really flows and, while packed with information and tips, you don’t get overly bogged down
4. I love the broad range of topics that are covered for both newlyweds and those past the newlywed stage.
5. Dr. Chapman uses his real life experiences in the book. These experiences make him so much more personable and it’s comforting to know a man like him is so much like the rest of us 🙂
6. While Dr. Chapman uses plenty of scripture and real life experiences, he also gives his advice and knowledge after MANY years of marriage counseling.
7. The “Your Turn” section that came at the end of each chapter. This section really gives you a chance to think about what you just read and also to put into action anything you feel could improve your marriage. Also, this is the perfect time to discuss the things you have read with your spouse!
There is a small group study for this book as well which would be great for couples! I give this book 5/5 🙂
I hope that you will read The Marriage You’ve Always Wanted. With God, it really can give you wonderful advice for your marriage.
I am excited to offer this book on giveaway….so don’t forget to sign up! 🙂
Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification.”***