Bible Verses for Patient Parenting
Parenting is hard, it is rewarding and sometimes we just don’t know what to do. I feel your pain because I was a young mom once on my knees praying for patience. I think the Lord responded with sending me the ultimate strong-willed child!
There is nothing like a strong-willed child to have us begging for more patience is there? So what did I do? Well, I read books. Then I read more books. Then I quoted those books I read to my husband.
In the end, however, there was only ONE book that had the answers and sometimes it had more to do with ME than it had to do with my child(ren). Children often become the teachers in our most stressful moments.
During my studies I came across some verses that really made a difference in my parenting and I wanted to dive in and share them with you.
Write down these Bible verses for patience and place them throughout your home. Use sticky notes, recipe cards or anything else. Place them by the kitchen sink, above the washer and dryer, in the bathroom, or on the refrigerator.
So as you go about your day you can constantly be reminded of these Bible verses to help keep you encouraged, grounded and steadfast on the path of love and patience for your child.
It is so easy to go from zero to a hundred when your child is in a less than perfect mood, or your kids won’t quit fighting no matter how many times you tell them to stop which leads to an adult hissy fit!
Of course, I’m talking about myself. These Bible verses will help you to stay calm, take a deep breath and remember they are learning and we are their teachers.
If you must, take a second and go in a different room to breathe and cool down. Parenting can be challenging. I pray these scriptures continue you to encourage you.
Some of my favorite parenting books & resources!
Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of JesusExploring Grace Together: 40 Devotionals for the FamilyTreasuring Christ When Your Hands Are Full: Gospel Meditations for Busy MomsGlimpses of Grace: Treasuring the Gospel in Your Home A Guidebook for Raising Your Children to Love and Follow Jesus Christ
Encouraging Bible Verses For More Patience In Parenting
- But You, O Lord, are a God full of compassion, and gracious, Longsuffering and abundant in mercy and truth. Psalm 86:15
- With all lowliness and gentleness, with longsuffering, bearing with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the Spirit in the bond of peace. Ephesians 4:2
- The heart of the wise teaches his mouth, And adds learning to his lips. Proverbs 16:23
- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
- Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, The fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, So are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them; They shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate. Psalms 127:3-5
- Train up a child in the way he should go, And when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 22:6
- In all things showing yourself to be a pattern of good works; in doctrine showing integrity, reverence, incorruptibility, Titus 2:7
- And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9
- Rejoicing in hope, patient in tribulation, continuing steadfastly in prayer Romans 12:12
- Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17
- Therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering; bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also must do. Colossians 3:12-13
- But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength; They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary, They shall walk and not faint. Isaiah 40:31
Join us for our Second weekly Faith Friday link up! You can link up faith-based content, parenting, homeschooling, homemaking— really anything so long as it doesn’t contradict the Word of God. Lets keep the political posts out, too. Thanks!