Instant Pot Sugar-Free Apple Butter
Apples are naturally sweet on their own. It just makes sense to not add any more sugar, right? With this Instant Pot Sugar-Free Apple Butter recipe, you’ll love how the natural sweetness stands completely on its own.
Although this recipe doesn’t call for sugar, it does, however, call for molasses. But we’re talking about a dab of molasses when you consider you’re cooking 5 pounds of apples!
Sugar free recipes that are child approved can be hard to come by. This sugar free recipe has passed the taste test of all three of my recipe testers. In fact, when I create new recipes, my kids and my husband turn out to be incredibly gifted and free food critics!
The ease of using the Instant Pot is one reason that this Instant Pot Sugar Free Apple Butter recipe truly rocks. I can add ingredients and return moments later to a delicious and finished product.
If you recently read my other recipe, Instant Pot Crock Pot Apple Butter, then I challenge you to make both and have a taste test in your home to see which recipe your family prefers. A taste test is a fun way to focus in on the preferences of your family.
Make it a fun game and don’t tell them which ones they are tasting to see what they choose. They’ll love being just as surprised as you are, plus they’ll get to be the first to sample some truly amazing Apple Butters!
Instant Pot DUO60 6 Qt 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice Cooker, Steamer, Sauté, Yogurt Maker and WarmerGenuine Instant Pot Sealing Ring 2-Pack – 6 Quart Red/BlueKINDEN Instant Pot Accessories – Stackable Stainless Steel Food Steamer Insert Pans, Vegetable Steamer Basket, Silicone Egg Bites Molds, Silicone Pot Holder, 5 pcs/set for 5,6,8QT Pressure Cooker
Instant Pot Sugar Free Apple Butter Ingredients
1) Cut the apples into quarter and core them. Leave the peel on the apples while cooking. This will help the apple butter thicken and can be removed after cooking.
2) Add the apples in the Instant Pot inset with the water. Close the lid and turn the pressure valve to sealing. Cook on high pressure for 20 minutes using the manual setting. Allow pressure to release naturally.
3) Remove the lid. Using tongs pick out the apple peels. The peels would have separated from the apple while cooking. You can leave the peel on, but I prefer to remove it.
4) Blend the apples until smooth using an emersion blender or regular blender. Add the apple puree back to the Instant Pot if you use a regular blender.
5) Turn the Instant Pot back to sauté and use the adjust button to adjust the heat until “less” is selected. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and molasses.
6) Allow the apple butter to simmer uncovered stirring occasionally for 10-15 minutes or until the apple butter reaches your desired thickness.
Note: The apple butter will splatter while simmering, so be careful and stir the apple butter every minute or so when you see it’s about to splatter.
7) Turn the Instant Pot off. Pour the apple butter into an air tight container, but DO NOT add the lid yet. Allow the apple butter to cool on the counter to room temperature before adding the lid. Store in the refrigerator for up to a 1 week. NOTE: If you are canning the apple butter then you will pour the apple butter into the jars warm and go ahead and close the lid. You will then follow safe canning procedures and water-bath can or can them on a stove top pressure canner.
Amount this recipe yields: 4 cups or 2 pints
Don’t forget to print the recipe out for later!
The apple butter will splatter while simmering, so be careful and stir the apple butter when every minute or so when you see it's about to splatter. Amount: 4 cups or 2 pints
The apple butter will splatter while simmering, so be careful and stir the apple butter when every minute or so when you see it's about to splatter.
Amount: 4 cups or 2 pints