Did someone say “piggies?” When my kids were babies, they loved it when this little piggie went to market. Oh, wrong piggies, you say? Are we talking about the piggies who built houses while the big bad wolf huffed and puffed? Wrong again, you say?
Eddie Cochran once said, “There ain’t no cure for the summertime blues.” With the boys I have, there’s no such thing as summertime blues. They keep me and my husband busy with baseball games, swimming lessons, hiking, TLUSA, camping, mowing yards, fishing and many other activities.
No one can deny their love for pigs in a blanket. They’re adorable first off…and like the perfect bite size to make them an awesome appetizer or even a meal on their own.
A favorite dish I learned to make for the kids was pigs in the blanket. It was a simple treat taught to me by (drumroll please)…..me. Talent right?! lol
My husband, who rarely cooks but is editing this post, wants you to know he learned to make pigs in the blanket in Home Economics class in Junior High School. 🙂
Anyway, everyone I know loves these little piggies all cuddled up. As an added bonus, they’re perfect for summer gatherings with friends and family!
Even though they rock in summer, don’t forget about them during the cooler months as well! Fall and winter are the perfect time to make them, too! In fact, if you and your little ones use their imagination, you can even pretend they are “pigs in a blanket mummies” during Halloween!
One other reason that I’m crazy about this Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket recipe is that it’s simple enough and stress-free enough that my kiddos can help! They are always wanted to cook with me in the kitchen, but sometimes recipes can be just a little too stressful.
Trust that this recipe is not one of those! It’s easy and your kids will love wrapping up those piggies to keep ’em toasty warm! Family time spent cooking and creating in the kitchen together is always a win.
Instead of making these delicious delicacies in the oven, I’ve created a recipe to use in the Air Fryer. This recipe is so simple and takes a fraction of the time! If you are rushed for time or need a great finger food, this recipe is for you!
So before I go further- if you don’t have an air fryer you can grab one right here:
Pigs in a Blanket
1 (8oz.) can of Crescent Rolls
1 (12 oz.) pack of Cocktail Franks or Mini Smoked Sausages
1) Remove and drain the cocktail franks from the package. Dry them completely with a paper towel.
2) Unroll the crescent rolls dough from the can. Separate into eight (8) triangles. Cut each triangle, lengthwise, into 2 thin triangles, making total of sixteen (16) triangles
3) Place a frank on the widest part of the triangle and roll up. Repeat with all the remaining franks and triangle of dough.
4) Place about 8 “Pigs in a Blanket” in the Air Fryer basket.
5) Air Fry at 330 F for 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining 8 “Pigs in a Blanket.”
6) Serve hot with ketchup, mustard, salsa or queso dip.
Have fun making this super simple and delicious recipe! I love having a variety of different dips to try all the options!
Some days I want them to be calm, while other days I want a little bit of a kick! And by having the dips all in their own separate and fun containers, I can easily treat my taste buds to whatever I’m wanting.
Plus, it gives my family that same option as well!
Questions about this recipe?
I’m often asked questions about recipes from readers so I thought I’d answer a few of the more common ones that maybe you might have a question about as well!
For this Air Fryer Pigs in a Blanket recipe, can you swap out the mini sausages for hot dogs instead?
Absolutely. If you prefer to use hot dogs, or turkey dogs or veggie dogs, you can switch out and alter the recipe and use those. Just cut them into pieces to keep them smaller so that they fit into the air fryer easily.
What will happen if I forget to dry and dry the cocktail franks before cooking them in the air fryer?
If the cocktail franks are too wet, they won’t crisp up in the air fryer properly. There is a good chance that they will be soggy if not. And no one likes soggy pigs in a blanket!
Don’t forget to print the recipe to have handy!
- 1 8oz. can of Crescent Rolls
- 1 12 oz. pack of Cocktail Franks or Mini Smoked Sausages
- Remove and drain the cocktail franks from the package. Dry them completely with a paper towel.
- Unroll the crescent rolls dough from the can. Separate into eight (8) triangles. Cut each triangle, lengthwise, into 2 thin triangles, making total of sixteen (16) triangles
- Place a frank on the widest part of the triangle and roll up. Repeat with all the remaining franks and triangle of dough.
- Place about 8 “Pigs in a Blanket” in the Air Fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 330 F for 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining 8 “Pigs in a Blanket”.
- Serve hot with ketchup, mustard, salsa or qesso dip.
Read: Other Air Fryer Recipes!