Did someone say “piggies?” When my kids were babies, they loved it when this little piggie went to market. Oh, wrong piggies, you say? Are we talking about the piggies who built houses while the big bad wolf huffed and puffed? Wrong again, you say?
Eddie Cochran once said, “There ain’t no cure for the summertime blues.” With the boys I have, there’s no such thing as summertime blues. They keep me and my husband busy with baseball games, swimming lessons, hiking, TLUSA, camping, mowing yards, fishing and many other activities. Not to mention that this is the perfect season for a picnic at the lake, BBQs, and family gatherings and dinners.
A favorite dish I learned to make for the kids was pigs in the blanket. It was a simple treat taught to me by (drumroll please)…..me. Talent right?! lol My husband, who rarely cooks but is editing this post, wants you to know he learned to make pigs in the blanket in Home Economics class in Junior High School. 🙂 Anyway, everyone I know loves these little piggies all cuddled up. As an added bonus, they’re perfect for summer gatherings with friends and family!
Instead of making these delicious delicacies in the oven, I’ve created a recipe to use in the Air Fryer. This recipe is so simple and takes a fraction of the time! If you are rushed for time or need a great finger food, this recipe is for you!
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
So before I go further- if you don’t have an air fryer you can grab one right here:
Pigs in a Blanket
1 (8oz.) can of Crescent Rolls
1 (12 oz.) pack of Cocktail Franks or Mini Smoked Sausages
- Remove and drain the cocktail franks from the package. Dry them completely with a paper towel.
- Unroll the crescent rolls dough from the can. Separate into eight (8) triangles. Cut each triangle, lengthwise, into 2 thin triangles, making total of sixteen (16) triangles
- Place a frank on the widest part of the triangle and roll up. Repeat with all the remaining franks and triangle of dough.
- Place about 8 “Pigs in a Blanket” in the Air Fryer basket.
- Air Fry at 330 F for 8 minutes. Repeat with the remaining 8 “Pigs in a Blanket.”
- Serve hot with ketchup, mustard, salsa or queso dip.
Don’t forget to print the recipe to have handy!
Read: Other Air Fryer Recipes!