I just love using cauliflower in my regular diet! If you remember, a while back I shared my air fryer cheesy cauliflower fritter recipe. If you love cauliflower just as much as I do, you will want to give that one a try, also!
I began adding cauliflower into my diet after weight loss surgery. This vegetable is a much more healthier alternative to potatoes. Cauliflower is considered to be one of the absolutely healthiest foods on earth. I researched to find out exactly WHY cauliflower was considered so healthy.
- Inflammation Fighter: Cauliflower is so rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory compounds which helps to reduce inflammation. If you can take in just one cup of cauliflower, your body will be taking in about 73% of the recommended daily Vitamin C intake! This alone has many benefits besides fighting inflammation.
- Can reduce your risk of brain disorders: Remember when I said this can help fight inflammation? Well, inflammation can lead to strokes and neurodegenerative disorders such as Parkinsons and Alzheimers.
- Weight loss! As mentioned above, I got to know cauliflower better after I had weight loss surgery and needed to focus on a more low carb diet. A not so glamours benefit that is related to weight loss is the fact that cauliflower can help reduce constipation related to low carb diets and weight loss. Although this tidbit of information doesn’t necessarily make you want to eat cauliflower, it’s still information that is beneficial to some. Besides, I’m just keeping it real. 🙂
This recipe calls for cauliflower and that alone makes it a healthier alternative to the normal tater tots make from potato. However, I am also using a paleo friendly method as well.
We have been trying our best to go to more natural ingredients in our diet. I’m using coconut flour in this recipe rather than white flour.
Combine the cauliflower with coconut flour and mix that in using the Air Fryer, this recipe is absolutely amazing! Even my husband who doesn’t like cauliflower enjoys these cauliflower tater tots!
Of course, I haven’t told him these are made from cauliflower, but he’ll thank me later. So what do you need? First you will need an Air Fryer. Here are my top picks!
Paleo Cauliflower Tater Tots
- 1 large head of cauliflower, separated into large florets
- 2 large eggs
- ¼ cup of coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of dried parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- coconut oil spray or mist
- Separate the cauliflower into large florets.
- In a large microwaveable bowl, add the florets and 2 tablespoons of water. Cover with a plastic wrap and microwave for 3 to 5 minutes (depending on the power of your microwave). The floret should be tender but not mushy. Initially microwave for 3 minutes. If underdone, microwave for another minute or two. Drain well.
- Combine the florets in a chopper or food processor and process, until it resembles grains of rice. Pour it in a bowl. This is the chopper that I used.
- Add the beaten eggs, coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, dried parsley, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Take a small amount of the mix and shape it like tater tots. Chill the cauliflower tots for 30 minutes.
- Liberally grease the air fryer basket. Place the cauliflower tots in a single layer and spray with coconut oil or mist.
- Air fry at 400 F for 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with Paleo Ketchup or condiment of choice.
Don’t Forget to Print The Recipe For Later!