If you love the taste of Pecan Pie and have an Air Fryer, I have an exciting recipe to share with you! This Air Fryer Mini Pecan Pie recipe is perfect for the holidays or if you just have a sweet tooth!
One thing I love about this recipe is that it is for mini pies. If you are trying to restrict yourself to smaller portions, this makes it easier!
It is said that pumpkin pie rules Thanksgiving as the SUPREME dessert. However, outside Thanksgiving, Pecan pie seems to rule the roost. One reason for this is pretty simple. Pumpkin is available for a short time.
After the “in season” for pumpkins fades away, the pecan is still there and is available all year-long! So where exactly did this pecan pie tradition begin?
Join: Awesome Recipes on Facebook for more ideas!
Well, pecan pie and pecans are native to North America. Pecans grow as far north as Illinois and as far south as Iowa. Pecans also grow along the watered areas of the Mississippi River.
After the Civil War, varieties of pecans were brought in by developers to Georgia to commercially grow the nuts. Pecan Pie first made its appearance in the early 1900’s, but didn’t’ gain popularity until the 1920’s.
Back in the mid 1920’s, the Karo Syrup company published a recipe for pecan pie and it burst in popularity! It is also why to this day MOST, not all but MOST, pecan pie recipes call for karo syrup.
In recent years, karo syrup (also known as corn syrup) has caused a lot of controversy. Many people started adapting their traditional recipes with alternatives such as molasses, brown sugar or in our case maple syrup.
So how did this tasty treat become another staple for holiday dishes? Harvest! Pecan harvesting season runs from September through November, making the timing perfect for Thanksgiving and Christmas!
So now that you know all that, let’s get started!!! Here is what you need to know to make this tasty treat. If you don’t have an Air Fryer, grab one below and for more accessories see this post.
Power Air Fryer XL (5.3 QT Deluxe, Black)Air Fryer by Avalon Bay, For Healthy Oil-Less Fried Food, 3.7 Quart Capacity, Includes Free Airfryer Baking Set and Recipe Book, Red, AB-Airfryer100RAir Fryer Accessories,for Phillips Air Fryer and Gowise Air Fryer Fit all 3.7QT-5.3QT-5.8QT ,Set of 5-7 Inch
Mini Pecan Pie
Serves – 4
- 1 (9”) pie dough, homemade or store-bought
- ½ cup chopped Pecans
- ¼ cup Pecan halves
- ½ cup of Maple Syrup
- 2 tablespoon of Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon of Cashew Butter
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon of ground Cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
- Whipped cream or ice cream to garnish
- 4 (4-inch) mini pie pan similar to the ones below-
Before I get to the recipe…lets talk social media. I would LOVE LOVE LOVE it if you would follow me on my social channels and subscribe to my blog! I won’t spam you to death- I promise and you can elect to just get instant pot or recipe emails!
I would love to have you follow me on my page here. Don’t forget my group too that I mentioned above! I have a few groups also. If you’re interested in the list, you can find that right here. I am on Pinterest…love love love Pinterest!
Also because this is an air fryer recipe….I have an air fryer group too! So don’t miss that!
Instructions For Air Fryer Mini Pecan Pie
- Unroll the pie dough onto a well-floured surface. Using the mini pie pan as a template, cut out 4 large circles.
- Lay the dough circle into the mini pie pan and fold the edges of the dough into a pretty pleat. Repeat for the remaining 3 mini pies pans.
- Add 2 tablespoon of chopped pecans in each of the 4 prepared pie pans. Spread evenly to cover the surface of the pie pan.
- In a mixing bowl combine the cashew butter, brown sugar, maple syrup, cinnamon, vanilla extract and the eggs. Whisk it combine into a smooth batter.
- Evenly divide the batter amongst the 4 pie pans. Lay few pecan halves on top of each pie.
- Place the pie pan in the fryer basket and air fry at 320 F for 15 minutes.
- Let it cool completely in the pan for 30 minutes and then remove pie from the pie pan.
- Serve with whipped cream, or ice-cream, drizzle of caramel sauce and chopped pecans (optional).
- The same recipe can be used to make 1 (8 or 9 inch) pie instead of 4 mini pies.
- Cashew butter is used to give a little ‘body’ to the pie filling. Almond or peanut butter can be used instead, though cashew butter works best, because of its neutral flavor.
- If you don’t want to use any nut butter, use 2 tablespoon of Dark Corn Syrup instead.
Don’t Forget to Print Your Recipe for Air Fryer Mini Pecan Pie Recipe For Later!
1. The same recipe can be used to make 1 (8 or 9 inch) pie instead of 4 mini pies. 2. Cashew butter is used to give a little ‘body’ to the pie filling. Almond or peanut butter can be used instead, though cashew butter works best, because of its neutral flavor. 3. If you don’t want to use any nut butter, use 2 tablespoon of Dark Corn Syrup instead.
1. The same recipe can be used to make 1 (8 or 9 inch) pie instead of 4 mini pies.
2. Cashew butter is used to give a little ‘body’ to the pie filling. Almond or peanut butter can be used instead, though cashew butter works best, because of its neutral flavor.
3. If you don’t want to use any nut butter, use 2 tablespoon of Dark Corn Syrup instead.