Who doesn’t enjoy a freshly baked, warm, moist donut? My husband has fond memories of picking up donuts with his grandfather in the wee hours of the morning on their way to the lake to fish.
It was a tradition that still holds a special place in his heart 30 years later. He has continued that tradition with his own sons when going hunting or camping as well.
There doesn’t have to be a special day or moment to enjoy a donut with friends or family. Doughnuts can be eaten morning, noon or night. However, doughnuts have the ability to be made with certain amount of zeal and creativity.
For example, my husband organizes a Raingutter Regatta event with our Trail Life USA Troop. One of the snacks that are brought are donuts with a sailboat icing. These donuts are amazing to look at and even more amazing to taste!
The Doughnut Cookbook: Easy Recipes for Baked and Fried DoughnutsMini Donuts: 100 Bite-Sized Donut Recipes to Sweeten YourGlazed, Filled, Sugared & Dipped: Easy Doughnut Recipes to Fry or Bake at Home
As St. Patrick’s Day quickly approaches, it’s time to grab the kids and begin some delicious food meal planning and preparation! That’s where these Luck of the Irish Donuts come into play!
These donuts are beyond delicious, considerably easy to make, and you’ll have an amazing time creating them with your kids. Believe me when I tell you that you’ll want to make them again and again!
Wilton 2105-1620 6 Cavity Nonstick Donut Pans (2 Pack)3 Pack Silicone Donut Molds, FineGood 6 Cavity Non-Stick Safe Baking Tray Maker Pan Heat Resistance for Cake Biscuit Bagels Muffins-Orange, Rose Red, Green
- 1 can Pillsbury Grands Flaky Layers biscuits
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 box of fruity pebble cereal, all colors separated
- 1 bag of gold cake sequin sprinkles
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 1 cookie sheet
Directions for Air Fryer Luck of the Irish Donuts:
1) Using several bowls, separate the fruity pebble cereal by color
2) Remove biscuits from can (do not flatten) and use a 1-inch circle biscuit cutter to cut the holes out of the center of each biscuit.
3) Air fry the donuts at 350 degrees for 5 minutes
4) Using a medium mixing bowl, combine the powder sugar, milk and vanilla and mix with a whisk until smooth and combined
5) Dip the donut into the icing to coat the top.
6) Lightly shake the donut to get rid of excess frosting
7) Place the dipped donut onto the cookie sheet
8) Sprinkle shredded coconut onto the bottom half of the doughnut
9) Starting with your red fruity pebble, place a layer of the red on the top of the doughnut
10) Repeat steps with the orange, yellow, green blue and purple until you have a complete rainbow
11) Place a few gold sequin sprinkles onto the space where the rainbow meets the shredded coconut to create the ‘pot of gold’
12) Let donut icing harden for about 5 minutes before enjoying!
That’s it! Super simple way to bring some Luck o’ the Irish to your your home, using your air fryer! I hope that you find that pot of gold, and enjoy!
Don’t forget to print out your recipe!