My family loves taters! My teenager can eat his weight in them and my youngest can eat an entire plate of mashed taters, too. I love using my Air Fryer just as much as I do my beloved Instant Pot. Fixing air fryer loaded baked potatoes is easy and delicious!
Take your taters, wash and scrub, then in as little as 30 minutes you can have a meal or a side if you’re fixing them for a side dish. Add on the toppings of your choice, such as air fried bacon, cheddar cheese, sour cream, and scallions, for the perfect air fried loaded baked potato!
I’m normally talking about low carbs on this site, but sometimes I enjoy an air fryer loaded baked potato. In weight loss discussions, baked potatoes are given a bad rap. However, did you know that a plain baked potato contains virtually no fat, neither saturated or unsaturated, nor does it contain any cholesterol.
However, they are high in carbs. If you’re trying to control your carb intake, like I do, baked potatoes should be limited. I don’t have this treat often, but when I do, having an air fryer loaded baked potato will be ok. In addition, potatoes contain 60 percent of the daily value for vitamin D and 45 percent of the daily value for vitamin C.
Knowing this information, you can rest easy knowing that these particular vitamins help to build up the strength of your bones and also to help keep your heart healthy. So go ahead, on occasion, enjoy your taters and know that there are other benefits to them that allow for exceptions.
- 1 lb. of Russet Potatoes (6 or 8 potatoes)
- 6 slices of thick cut Bacon
- ½ cup of Cheddar Cheese
- ½ cup of Sour Cream
- ¼ cup of sliced Scallions/Green Onions
- Kosher Salt
- Olive Oil
Best Choice Products 5.5qt Large Oil-Free Electric Digital Air Fryer w/Rapid Air Circulation, LCD Screen, 7 Preset Settings, Non-Stick Coating – RedBig Boss Oil-less Air Fryer, 16 Quart, 1300 watt, RedPhilips Airfryer, The Original Airfryer, Fry Healthy with 75% Less Fat Black HD9220/26
- Wash the potatoes very well, scrubbing them to remove any visible dirt. Pat dry. Brush each potato with olive oil and sprinkle it with kosher salt.
- Air fry at 380 F for 30 minutes.
- The potatoes are done when they give in if you press gently. Carefully remove the potatoes from the air fryer. Let it cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in the fryer and air fry for 10 minutes at 350 F. Chop it up and keep aside.
- Split the air fried potatoes open with a knife.
- Add a big dollop of sour cream on each potatoes, followed with a generous sprinkle of cheddar cheese. Top it up with chopped up bacon and a sprinkle of sliced scallions/green onions.
- Serve hot.