If you’ve never tasted a wonton, you’re missing out. But I warn you; you can not taste a wonton from any random restaurant or local grocery store and base your decision off that. It’s difficult to find a well prepared wonton here in the states. That is one reason why I’m so excited about these air fryer orange cream cheese wontons
When I visited my husband when he was stationed in South Korea, I had the opportunity to taste authentic wontons. Oh my goodness! Let me tell you that I was blown away! The wontons were crunchy and delicious!
These little fried bundles of joy are nothing compared to what is offered here in the states. However, I decided to try my had at recreating these delectable bite sized snacks.
Join: Awesome Recipes! Instant Pot, Air Fryer, And More on facebook!
I might be a little biased, but I think I hit the nail on the head with these wontons! Try these and see what you think! I hope you enjoy these as much as I have!
Read: My Air Fryer Korean BBQ Satay may also interest you! 🙂
Orange Cream Cheese Wontons
First things first you will need an air fryer. I personally have only used Power XL air friers but I just got my mother in law the 6qt NuWave and am impressed!
If you need accessories here is a great post with references to some I recommend.
- 1 (12 oz.) Packet of Wonton Wrappers
- 1 (8 oz.) block of Cream Cheese, softened
- ½ cup of Powdered Sugar + more for garnish
- 1 (12 oz.) pack of Wonton Wrappers
- 2 teaspoon of Orange Zest (zest of a large naval orange)
- Chocolate Sauce for dipping (optional)
- Cooking spray
- In a large bowl, cream together the softened cream cheese, powdered sugar and the orange zest, till well incorporated.
- Place a small bowl of water near the working area. Except the one wonton working on, keep the remaining wonton wrapper covered with a dish towel to prevent drying.
- Take a wonton wrapper and place about ½ teaspoon of cream cheese mixture in the center of the wrapper.
- Dip your fingers into the water mixture and wet all four sides of the wrapper.
- Fold the wontons diagonally to form a triangle. Seal tightly, ensuring that there are no air bubbles.
- Dip your fingers back into the water. With the longest side of the triangle facing you, fold the right side to the left, and then fold the left side over it, to the right.
- Repeat until all wontons are filled and wrapped. Keep the prepared wonton covered with a damp paper towel to prevent it from drying up.
- Grease the air fryer basket generously with cooking spray. Place the filled and wrapped wontons and stray the wontons with more cooking spray
- Air fry at 350 F for 8 minutes.
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar on top of air fried wontons while still hot.
- Serve warm with chocolate sauce.
- They tastes good even at room temperature.
Don’t Forget to Print Your Recipe Out For Later!