Serve up a platter of these Air Fryer chicken tenders that are gluten-free and kid-friendly. Even the picky eaters will be reaching for one more strip of tender juicy chicken that is coated in a nice and crunchy coating. Pair with ketchup, ranch, or your favorite dipping sauces and enjoy!
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders Gluten Free
If you are seeing a trend of gluten-free recipes on my blog, it’s because my son had to have some dietary changes made. I am now becoming increasingly aware that gluten is found in almost everything and the best way to serve safe food is homemade.
Sure, you can purchase pre-made meals. But if we’re being honest, the price doesn’t exactly match the flavor and freshness. It’s more reasonable to make allergy friendly recipes at home. That is why I created this Air Fryer chicken strip recipe.
Simple Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
Sometimes I’d like to go back to the time when I could serve a simple lunch or dinner with minimal steps. Well, this chicken tender recipe achieves just that! My boys wanted chicken strips and ketchup and mama wanted something easy for the night.
I use a basic mix of ingredients to dredge. Instead of all-purpose flour, I use brown rice to make this recipe gluten-free. Then I mixed in some Krispies cereal for the perfect gluten-free coating to give it a nice crunch.
Quick and Easy Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
The Air Fryer works perfectly for cooking and crisping these strips. The Air Fryer also saves cooking time compared to tossing these beauties on a baking sheet and cooking in the oven.
The Air Fryer is unique in how it cooks. Place the food in the fryer while maintaining space between each strip. The hot air circulates over the chicken giving it a crisping texture like it was deep-fried. It is a similar cooking process to deep-frying, but there is no oil and is a healthier alternative to deep-fried food.
How Do You Make A Gluten Free Breading For Chicken Tenders
Follow my easy recipe below for the best gluten-free chicken tenders.
- Brown Rice Flour is what I find tastes the best for these tenders. The flavor and texture work really well. I have tried other gluten-free flours for chicken tenders and brown rice is our preference.
- Rice Krispies is a gluten-free cereal that you can use to add that texture of crunch. Just crush it up and roll your tenders in the mix.
The rest is all basic ingredients like buttermilk, egg, seasoning, etc.
Can You Freeze Gluten Free Chicken Tenders
Yes! Feel free to freeze whatever you don’t eat. Or you can simply make a double batch for the sole purpose of reheating. Just freeze in an air right container or bag for up to 3 months.
When you are ready to reheat, do so in the microwave for a quick reheat or layout on a cookie sheet and warm them up in the oven until nice and hot all the way through.
Keep in mind that microwaving will leave the breading slightly soggy. I always opt for the oven if I have the time.
As you can see, this recipe is truly so simple to make. The ingredients are minimal as well as the cooking time. The Air Fryer is a wonderful gadget.
That is all it takes to make easy and delicious gluten-free chicken tenders. Your kids will thank you for a tasty meal. Give these tenders a try to see what you think. You could even change-up and use corn flakes in replace of Rice Krispie for a little bit of a different taste or if you are short on Krispies.
Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with FlavorGoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)DASH Compact Electric Air Fryer + Oven Cooker with Digital Display, Temperature Control, Non Stick Fry Basket, Recipe Guide + Auto Shut Off Feature, 1.6 L, up to 2 QT, Aqua
Air Fryer Chicken Tenders
- 1½ lb. of Chicken Tenderloins
- 1 cup of Buttermilk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Egg
- 1 cup of Brown Rice Flour
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Salt
- 1 cup of Rice Krispies (make sure to use gluten free rice krispies)
1) In a bowl or a Ziploc bagg, combine the buttermilk and salt and pepper. Mix well.
2) Add the chicken tenderloin to the mixture and let it marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours in the fridge.
3) When you are ready to cook, crush the rice krispies with a rolling-pin.
4) In a shallow bowl, combine the flour, salt and pepper and mix it well.
5) Crack the egg in a bowl. Add the salt and pepper and whisk it well.
6) In another shallow bowl, combine the crushed rice krispies and garlic salt and mix it well.
7) Drain the buttermilk marinade. Take a chicken tender and dredge it in the rice flour mix. Shake off the excess. Dip it in the egg mix. Then coat it completely with the crushed rice krispies. Keep it aside on a separate plate.
8) Repeat with all the chicken tenders.
9) Place a few slices in the lightly greased air fryer basket in a single layer. Lightly spray the prepared tenders.
10) Air fry at 370 F for 15 minutes, flipping at the halfway mark.
11) Repeat with all the prepared chicken tenders.
12) Serve hot with ketchup or ranch.
Don’t Forget To Print Out The Recipe For Later!