Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Rollups
By now some of you all might be wondering if we eat anything that isn’t a Mexican themed dish. I assure you that we do, but right now, we just seem to have a taste for Mexican cuisine.
I do my best to keep a variety of low carb options available. I try to stick a healthy, well-rounded diet without sneaking in too many carbs. Thus, this Air Fryer Chicken Fajita Roll-Up recipe was born!
Although I’ve shared many Air Fryer recipes, I think this might be my new favorite! It is so hard to decide! I know this will make many happy.
Join: Our Awesome Recipe Group on Facebook for More Ideas!
Rarely can the words “delicious” and “mouth-watering” be used to describe a healthy meal, but this Chicken Fajita Roll-Up combines these words into an unbelievably tasty dish!
Chicken is an excellent source of protein, low in fat, low in carbs and tastes overwhelmingly fantastic! I like to use fresh chicken from Zaycon.
They are very affordable and the chicken isn’t filled with preservatives or unhealthy fillers. If you haven’t checked them out, I encourage you to do so!
When you scroll down and begin to read this recipe, pay attention to the spices I used! They may seem like ordinary seasonings to the naked eye, but many have benefits other than making food taste better. For example, cumin has many healing benefits you might not know about. Some of those include:
- Treating Insomnia
- Helps to Fight Colds
- Can help with lactation
- Skin Care
The Air Fryer adds another healthy benefit – your food isn’t drowned in grease! The unhealthy side effects of greasy food in your body should be enough to turn anyone into an avid Air Fryer user!
Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
Serves – 6
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets
- ½ of a large Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- ½ of a large Green Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- ½ of a large Yellow Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- ½ of a large Red onion, sliced
- 2 teaspoon of Paprika
- 1 teaspoon of Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon of Cumin Powder (ground cumin)
- ½ teaspoon of Cayenne Pepper (optional)
- ½ teaspoon of Mexican Oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil spray or mist
- Toothpicks to secure the roll-ups
- Mix the spices (paprika, cumin, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, oregano, salt and pepper) in a small bowl and keep aside.
- If using chicken breasts, slice them lengthwise into 2 even slices.
- Place each breast half or cutlet between parchment paper and firmly pound the chicken using a heavy object, like the bottom of a cast iron pan, rolling-pin or the smooth side of a meat mallet, to an even thickness of about ¼ inch.
- Liberally season both sides of each flattened chicken cutlet with the prepared spice rub.
- Place 6 strips of bell pepper (2 of each color) and few onion slices on one side of the chicken.
- Roll up tightly and secure with toothpicks.
- Repeat with all the remaining chicken pieces. Sprinkle any leftover spice rub over the chicken roll up.
- Place three chicken rollups in the lightly greased air fryer basket. Lightly spray the roll ups with oil spray or mist
- Air fry at 400 F for 12 minutes.
- Repeat with the next batch.
- Serve hot with a salad of choice for a delicious low carb dinner.
- Instead of Mexican oregano, you can use regular oregano.
- Paprika can be substituted with Chili powder.
- Even if you used thinly sliced chicken cutlet, do flatten it evenly with a heavy pan, rolling-pin or meat mallet. It will be lot easier to roll up and it will cook quickly and evenly.
Don’t Forget to Print the Recipe For Later!
Instead of Mexican oregano, you can use regular oregano. Paprika can be substituted with Chili powder. Even if you used thinly sliced chicken cutlet, do flatten it evenly with a heavy pan, rolling pin or meat mallet. It will be lot easier to roll up and it will cook quickly and evenly.
Instead of Mexican oregano, you can use regular oregano.
Paprika can be substituted with Chili powder.
Even if you used thinly sliced chicken cutlet, do flatten it evenly with a heavy pan, rolling pin or meat mallet. It will be lot easier to roll up and it will cook quickly and evenly.