Air Fryer Cabbage Wedges with Bacon
With these Air Fryer Cabbage Wedges with Bacon you will find quick prep work and incredible flavors! A mixture of seasonings, a drizzle of olive oil and topped with salty bacon completes these mouth watering, delectable treats.
Serve as a dinner side or serve for dinner if you are looking for something lighter. The Air Fryer gives the cabbage wedges the perfect texture and a surprising crunch.
I am a meal planner. I enjoy providing my family with a variety of options for dinner. I am the type that loves to have a variety of side dishes, but I also want the preparation time to be minimal, but the flavors to be amazing.
It appears I have a lot of wants. LOL! That is why I love using these cabbage wedges here and there to rotate into our meal plan. I don’t always have a ton of time to cook, hence why I use my Air Fryer and Instant Pot.
They simplify cooking in the kitchen! These two magic gadgets not only cook the main dish, but side dishes also. Speaking of sides, I always try to involve vegetables in my meal plan and this is a wonderful change from the classic green bean or peas.
And, surprisingly, the little ones gobbled this dish right up! Of course, everything seems to mesh well with bacon. Who can resist bacon? The mixture of bacon, onion powder, garlic and fennel give this side dish lots of rich flavors.
Plus, you can cut the wedges to fit the size you want and make as many or as little as you need to serve. I like to use medium-sized slices so each family member gets a good size.
I provide smaller wedges to the kiddos so they don’t feel overwhelmed. I hope you all enjoy this delicious side dish.
Cabbage Wedges with Bacon
- 1 small head of green cabbage
- 6 strips of thick cut bacon
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- ½ teaspoon of fennel seeds
- ¼ teaspoon of chili flakes (optional)
- 3 tablespoon of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the bacon slices in a well-greased air fryer basket
- Air fry at 350F for 10 minutes. Chop it up and keep aside.
- Remove the outer layer of the cabbage. Keeping the core intact cut the cabbages into wedges. Depending on the size of the cabbage, you will get 4, 6 or 8 wedges.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, onion powder, fennel seeds, chili flakes (if using), salt and pepper.
- Drizzle the cabbage wedges with oil and sprinkle both sides with the prepared spice mix.
- Arrange the wedges in a well-greased air fryer basket and air fry at 400 for 8 minutes. Flip and drizzle with some more oil and air fry again for 6 minutes.
- Carefully take out the cabbages wedges. Top with chopped bacon and a little sprinkle of fresh herb of choice.
- Serve warm as a side dish.
Don’t Forget to Print The Recipe Out For Later!