Let me preface this recipe by saying that in our family we believe bacon should be in its own food group. My husband once made a pound of bacon and garnished it with a piece of lettuce. He called it a Man’s Salad.
We love all things bacon and dishes with bacon! I love that it is low carb and I can literally eat a whole pound myself. Ok, Ok, I am sure that eating a WHOLE pound may be extreme, but it is bacon! We love it!!! Did I mention we love bacon?
We live in the south. I’m not sure if you know this, but BBQ also has its own food group. And that is okay with us, especially my husband! He is addicted to ribs, wings, and, well, pretty much anything that has BBQ sauce!
I decided to put my creative juices to work and create more low carb snack options. I have a lot of other low carb or lower carb options on the site, but I wanted something that literally wrapped two of our loves – bacon and BBQ!
Hence, the Air Fryer BBQ Bacon Wrapped Onion Ring was born! Let me stop right here and just say Oh! My! Gracious! This recipe is the BOMBDOTCOM! Seriously! I make a LOT of recipes and I can say there wasn’t a crumb left after making this. Not ONE crumb!
This is a hit with everyone and will become a regular snack item in this household. I also can’t wait to make this as an appetizer for get togethers!
Air Fryer BBQ Bacon Wrapped Onion Rings
Makes – 12 to 15
- 2 large Yellow or White Onions, cut into ½ inch slices
- 2 (1 lb.) packets of thick cut Bacon
- 1 cup of BBQ sauce
GoWISE USA 5.8-Quarts 8-in-1 Electric Air Fryer XL + 50 Recipes for your Air Fryer Book (Black)Power Air Fryer XL 3.4 QT Red Deluxe – Turbo Cyclonic Airfryer Include Air-Fryer Accessories Kit With Baking Insert, Pizza Pan, Cooking Tongs And Recipes Book
- Cut the onion into ½ inch rounds. Separate each rounds into smaller rings, leaving at least 2 or 3 rings together for more structure. We only want the larger rings. Save the smaller rings for another recipe.
- Take a strip of bacon and start wrapping around the onion rings. Depending on the size of the onion ring and it thickness, you might need anywhere from 1½ to 2 strips of bacon. Secure bacon to the onion with toothpicks.
- Generously brush the bacon wrapped onion rings with bbq sauce.
- Liberally grease the air fryer basket with oil. Air fry at 370 F for 15 minutes.
- Serve hot with Ranch or Blue cheese dressing.
Don’t Forget to Print The Recipe Out For Later!