Air Fryer Banana Boat S’mores
These Air Fryer banana boat s’mores are an insanely easy treat that will satisfy your sweet tooth any time of the day. This is a favorite campfire recipe that can easily be made in the comfort of your home. A tasty banana version of a s’mores that are full of chocolate, golden graham cereal and marshmallows for one delicious dessert.
If you have some ripe bananas sitting on your counter and you are thinking what should you do, give this recipe a go. I am the type that struggles with buying bananas. Sometimes I’ll buy a bundle and as soon as I bring them home, they get devoured by little hands. Then other times I am forced to make banana muffins and bread so I don’t waste the bananas. These banana boat s’mores help give us a fun way to enjoy the bananas before they reach the garbage can.
I have found when my bananas are turning brown, I can slice them up and put in the freezer and use them for smoothies as well. On more than one occasion, my younger boys have been requesting these s’mores banana boats. They are so fun, easy and such a tasty treat. Plus it is a fun way to add some fruit to your kid’s diets.
Variations For The Air Fryer Banana Boat S’mores
Step these s’mores up a notch with fun toppings. I have a list of items that you might want to add on top for even more flavor dimensions. Raid your pantry and add in fun ingredients and see how you like it.
- Peanut butter chips
- Butterscotch chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Crunched up candy bars like Snickers, Milky Way, or even Reese’s
- Dried coconut
- Caramel Chips
S’mores Banana Boats
Occasionally, we’ll add toppings with what is available in the pantry, but mostly we use the basics: chocolate, marshmallows and cereal Grahams.
I love using the Air Fryer because it gives the marshmallows the perfect melted texture and perfectly melts the chocolate. This is such a simple dessert you can genuinely whip up in only 10 minutes. Sometimes we will make up these banana boats and then head outdoors and enjoy the stars on a cool night. Fixing these in the air fryer is also perfect because when weather is inclimate, we can still enjoy our treat- all year long.
If you do go camping and want to make these, wrap the bananas in aluminum foil and then put over the fire for a few minutes until all the chocolate and marshmallows have melted.
Air Fryer Banana Boat S’mores
Ingredients for Air Fryer Banana Boat S’mores
- 2 ripe but firm Bananas
- 2 tablespoon of Golden Graham Cereal
- 2 tablespoon of Semi-sweet Chocolate Chunks
- 2 tablespoon of mini Marshmallow
- Ice-cream and chocolate sauce as optional garnish
Every Day Easy Air Fryer: 100 Recipes Bursting with FlavorPower Air Fryer XL 5.3 QT Black Deluxe – Turbo Cyclonic Airfryer Include Air-Fryer Accessories Kit With Baking Insert, Pizza Pan And Cooking TongsPaula Deen’s Air Fryer Cookbook
Instructions For Air Fryer Banana Boat S’mores
- With sharp paring knife, make a lengthwise cut along inside curve of each banana. Cut out a ½ an inch strip of banana peel.
- With a fork, gently mush the banana a little, so that the chocolate chunk, the golden graham cereal and the marshmallow can easily be studded in the banana.
- Stud each banana boat with a tablespoon of chocolate chunks, golden graham cereal and mini marshmallow.
- Place the bananas into the air fryer basket and air fry at 370F for 8 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with a scoop of ice-cream and a drizzle of chocolate sauce (optional).
- Instead of chocolate chunks you can use chocolate chips too.
- Use a combination of chocolate chips along with peanut butter chips, caramel chips, butterscotch chips, and/or white chocolate chips for variations.
Don’t Forget to Print Off The Recipe For Later!
Instead of chocolate chunks you can use chocolate chips too. Use a combination of chocolate chips along with peanut butter chips, caramel chips, butterscotch chips, and/or white chocolate chips for variations.
Instead of chocolate chunks you can use chocolate chips too.
Use a combination of chocolate chips along with peanut butter chips, caramel chips, butterscotch chips, and/or white chocolate chips for variations.