5 Verses to Pray Over Your New Year
Praying the scriptures is so very important. Homeschool, public school, or private school learning to pray the scriptures will make a significant difference in your family.
Now that New Year is upon us, lets take some time to reflect on a few scriptures that will carry us through. The New Year needs to be bathed in prayer. We cannot do this New Year on our own, we need help from God! Let’s give this year to God and pray these five verses over our year:
- Isaiah 40:30-31 – “ Even the youths shall faint and be weary, And the young men shall utterly fall, 31 But those who wait on the Lord Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles, They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.
It is easy to grow weary. Yet, we need to take time in this new year to allow God to renew our strength. May we soar with Christ in the new year!
2. 2 Corinthians 5:17 – “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.”
Praying Your Way Through The Scriptures
Just like we are new creatures, God has also given us a new year. The old has passed away – and this is a new beginning! Let us live this year as a fresh start – in our walk with God, in our homes, and in every area of our life.
3. Isaiah 43:19– “Behold, I will do a new thing,Now it shall spring forth;
Shall you not know it?I will even make a road in the wilderness And rivers in the desert.
A new year is a time for God to do a new thing. Last year is gone, and now we can choose to make a new start and join God in the new thing that he is doing!
4. Jeremiah 29:11 – “For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope.”
God has a plan for our new year! He desires to give us a future and a hope. This doesn’t mean that this new year will be without any problems- but as we trust God, we can know that He has good plans for us!
5. Romans 8:28– “And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are the called according to His purpose.”
No matter what this New Year may hold. God has a way of working it all out for good to those who are His. Even the hard and dark places that are coming – God can use those too. This year one thing I am doing is also adding in more Bible study on this topic.
Suggested Books On Praying the Scriptures
Praying The Scriptures: Using God’s Words to Effect Change in All of Life’s SituationsPraying the Scriptures for Your ChildrenPraying Scripture: A Closer Way to Talk to GodPraying the Scriptures for Your Teenagers: Discover How to Pray God’s Purpose for Their Lives
What verses are you praying over your New Year?
This post was written by my dear friend Mandy Kelly from Worshipful Living. In the wee hours the 21st of March Mandy, her husband Scott, her daughter Lizzie, and her sweet baby Judah went home to be with Jesus.