13 Things To Do Besides Waiting for April’s Baby
It’s been well over a month, and the world is STILL waiting for April the Giraffe to give birth to her baby! At this point in time, I’m beginning to think that April is completely pulling the biggest April Fool’s joke, albeit a little late, on the entire world. You wouldn’t expect everyone to be on pins and needles, but over 500,000 don’t think it’s very funny. Everyone has been wasting a lot of time on April the Giraffe’s website to watch the live feed and to see if it’s actually going to happen. I don’t know about you, but I’m tired of playing the waiting game. I decided to come up with a list of 13 things to do besides waiting for April’s baby to arrive. I hope you enjoy as much as I did in writing it.
1. Train for a Marathon. Now you might be thinking to yourself, “Self…you’re way too out of shape for this non-sense.” But you’re wrong! April was supposed to have her baby in March. This would have given you over 30 days to get your butt in gear and start stepping! High knees, people! High knees.
2. Write a Friend or Family Member a handwritten letter. Let’s face it. We don’t write letters as much as we used to since the dawn of email. So, you’ll have to go and buy: stamps, envelopes, paper, and possibly a pen or two. The you’re gonna have to take the time to look up people’s FULL names and their current mailing address. This project should take you about a week or two do. However, don’t sweat it. April’s not gonna give birth to that baby any time soon.
3. Fall into the Youtube Rabbit Hole. This has happened to all of us, at one time or another. One minute we’re watching a movie trailer, and 10 hours later we’re learning out to whistle out of our noses while wiggling our ears. BE FOREWARNED: Once you’re in the Youtube rabbit hole, it’s really hard to dig yourself out of it. Be careful!
4. Learn some Useless Information. It’s sad to say, but I’m one of those people that love to learn information that somehow becomes useless to everyone else. Now you can, too! Here’s a great book to help you get started on your journey. The Big Book of Useless information is a great one to start with.
5. Take a Day Trip. Don’t take just any day trip, go for a ride without a map or usage of any type of GPS device! Go to places in, around, or out of your hometown! Meet with other human beings and interact. It’s scary not being in front of your computer screen all day long, but try it! You’ll be surprised and actually might like it. Psssst National Parks are always a hit!
6. Read A book. Find a great book to pick up and read, preferably a trilogy of sorts. If you happen to be a fast reader, then don’t be afraid to read a dictionary, thesaurus, or a hard to find copy set of encyclopedias!
7. Journal! I know I already suggested writing a letter too, but seriously! This is a great way to pass the time while waiting! Besides, we get plenty of electronic time as it is!
8. Find a World Record and Break it! YES! There is literally over 1,000,001 things that there are records for. Do you think have what it takes to chew a piece of gum for a super long period of time? Like years? Make a list and get to it!
9. Learn Dollar Bill Origami. This could potentially make you one of the coolest people on the planet to learn how to make all of the origami projects out of using dollar bills! Just visit this site, and you’ll be on your way to stardom!
10. Go Geocaching! Geocaching is one of the most hottest activities to do right now! Now the weather is perfect and beautiful outside, it’s perfect to go geocaching all day long…or all week long. Check out some of these awesome products to help you along your geocache life!
11. Put Together a Jigsaw Puzzle. This will shave off those countless hours that you’ve built up stock on waiting for April to give birth. I actually found one a 1,000 piece puzzle for you that is so epic and difficult that you might actually scream once or twice. You’re welcome!
12. Rearrange your Home. Yes. Take the time to rearrange every piece of furniture in your home to as if you were walking into a brand new home! If that doesn’t waste enough time, then go through all of your books and putt them in order of using the Dewey Decimal System!
13. Find a New Hobby! There are tens of thousands of hobbies out there in the world, and I bet you have maybe one. Go and learn something fun and new today, and then teach your friends and family members about your new passion!****
Still bored? Go shopping!
If these don’t keep you occupied before April’s baby gets here, then I don’t know what’s going to do that trick. However, I do know that you will be able keep those idle hands busy, and your brain off of April thinking that she’s pregnant and going to have a baby soon. If you’re still have enough time, then go through this HUGE list of things to do! I’ve already come to terms with it: She’s not ever going to have one. The End.
PS: Don’t forget to join me on social media in my groups and pages-